Preschool Lead Teacher - Edna Martin Christian Center
- 18-Sep-2021 to 17-Oct-2021
- - Edna Martin Christian Center
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Job Summary: The Edna Martin Childcare Ministry teacher has the overall responsibility of providing direct support to children and communication with families. The teacher operates the program within the confines of state, local and agency policies and budget.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintain a rich, child-focused, developmentally appropriate environment for the children in his/her care.
- Plan and implement a rich, child-focused, developmentally appropriate curriculum for the children in his or her care. Share weekly plans.
- Ensure that we meet state guidelines and that reports are submitted.
- Supervise and train associate teachers, assistant teachers, volunteers, and university students as assigned.
- Gather data about each child and keep records that lead to completion of summary reports. The data will be gathered for these reports through anecdotal records, developmental checklists, and portfolios.
- Understand and implement positive behavior management.
- Assist in the general operations of the classroom, including but not limited to: serving meals and snacks, cleaning the classroom when the children have left.
- Attend in-service training and local conferences, and read articles or books that keep him/her abreast of issues and trends in early childhood education.
- Complete all necessary continuing education as required by state, NAEYC and licensing.
- Participate in early childhood staff meetings, and all staff meetings.
- Support, cooperate with, and communicate with other administration,
- Maintain a positive attitude, and contribute to the general well-being of staff and students. Work and communicate with families in a positive manner, and on a regular basis. Communicate with parents by phone once per month, and send home newsletters. 13. Work assigned hours, be punctual, and be regular in attendance
- Behave, speak, and dress in a professional manner.
- Carry out any other task as may be required by the lead teachers or early childhood directors, and carry out the goals and philosophy of the program.
Complexity of Work:
Within the scope of the job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgement and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment, and adapt to change quickly.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as require
- Valid Driver's License and have the ability to safely operate a motor vehicle, as
demonstrated by good driving record
- First Aid/CPR training as required by the State of Indiana
- Up to date Fingerprints/background check, drug screening as required by the State of Indiana
- Knowledge and ability to facilitate growth of the program.
- Ability to lead ministry work within the classroom while maintaining academic and social standards.
- Respect and love for children.
- Disposition to work positively with others.
- Able to meet requirements per licensing/ministry regulations
- Minimum of Associate's degree or CDA in Early Childhood (preferred), or experience in early childhood development programs with a plan to gain CDA or pertinent degree within one year of being hired.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.