Development Manager (Part-time) - USA International Harp Competition
- 18-Sep-2021 to 17-Oct-2021
- - USA International Harp Comp
- Bloomington, IN, USA
- Compensation is $20 - $22/hour, commensurate with experience
- Part Time
The USA International Harp Competition (USAIHC) is a triennial performance competition held at Indiana University Jacobs School of Music (JSOM) in Bloomington, Indiana. Founded in 1989 by Susann McDonald, world-renowned harpist and pedagogue, the USAIHC is among the largest and most esteemed solo harp performance competitions in the world. The USA International Harp Competition exists to inspire, promote, and sustain artistic excellence while fostering a broader appreciation of the harp and its repertoire. Bringing people together through the universal language of music, we enhance international and community relationships by producing our harp competition, composition contest, concert series, and educational programs.
In 2019 the USAIHC conducted its 11th USA International Harp Competition with 39 contestants from 19 countries. The 12th Competition will take place June 29 - July 9, 2022. The USAIHC is an independent 501(c)3 organization, and is an external agency at IU JSOM.
The USAIHC is searching for a Development Manager
The development manager reports to the executive director, and works on a day-to-day basis with the president and CEO as well as board members. This position is responsible for creating, implementing, and administering a successful development program to support the USAIHC. Areas of leadership responsibility include development strategy, annual and special campaigns, major gifts, sponsorships, benefit events support, grants management, board fundraising efforts, and general cultivation. This position will support key staff and board members and help prepare them for solicitations.
- Support the USAIHC executive director and board members in preparing development related materials for all key events such as Harp Start presentations, grant award ceremonies, community foundation events, Indiana Arts Council events and others that may arise where USAIHC presence is needed. Extend invitations to board members to join when appropriate.
- Support the ED in coordination of all plans for fundraising events.
- Assist ED in preparation of the Year End Appeal targeted letters and take the lead in mailing by set deadline.
- In coordination with the ED and development committee, assist with a "Giving Tuesday" plan, Spring Appeal, and other annual giving programs.
- Prepare donor solicitation requests and associated acknowledgements, as well as integrate and update all related database files. Update and maintain donor listings for website and program book.
- Research prospective donors and assist ED, CEO and development committee chair with strategies to solicit donors.
- Assist with donor research to support the endowment capital campaign.
- Participate in grant and sponsorship identification.
- Prepare grant applications, final reports, and supporting materials.
- Maintain a set of narratives that effectively communicates the USAIHC "Case for Support."
- Assist with related duties as assigned.
Work Schedule and Terms
This is a part-time, 15 - 20 hour per week, position, and will include working remotely. Hours in excess of 40 hours per week may be required at certain times. This position pays overtime for hours worked over 40 hours per week. Compensation is $20 - $22/hour, commensurate with experience.
Office 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher)
Little Green Light – will be required to learn (experience with development software a plus)
Squarespace – will be required to learn – (website maintenance experience a plus)
Constant Contact –will be required to learn – (experience with newsletter contacts a plus)
Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms – ability to post regularly and set up fundraising campaigns
Google Drive – file sharing and storage
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume, or mail to: Moya Wright, Executive Director, USA International Harp Competition, Inc., P.O. Box 5008 Bloomington, IN 47407