Accounting Manager - The Arc of Indiana
- 18-Sep-2021 to 17-Oct-2021
- - Arc of Indiana
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The Arc of Indiana is a state-wide, not-for-profit association that advocates for people with intellectual and other developmental disabilities and their families.
The purpose of a job description is to give a framework to the general nature of the position. The Arc of Indiana is successful because of the teamwork of all employees working together to build a solid organization to advocate for people with intellectual and other developmental disabilities and their families. The job description should never be viewed as an exhaustive list of any one person's responsibilities as we work together to get the job done.
This position reports to the CFO and is responsible for general bookkeeping functions
for The Arc of Indiana and its subsidiaries as well as reconciling with The Arc of Indiana Master Trust records monthly.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Post monthly transactions and all journal entries to the general ledgers.
- Monthly bank and investment reconciliations for all banking and investment accounts for multiple entities.
- Assist in month end close process by preparing account reconciliations and reviewing general ledger activity, including trust bank and investment account reconciliations with a high volume of transactions.
- Coordinate with the trust department in reviewing all trust and reconcile trust transactions with transactions recorded in the accounting software.
- Work closely with all aspects of the organization to ensure accurate financial reporting and sharing of information. This includes the development and trust departments, the Erskine Green Training Institute director, and Self-Advocates of Indiana program manager and board. Provide account reconciliations and reports from accounting software to these internal stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Support accounts payable and accounts receivable clerk in processing day to day transactions; serves as back up for trust disbursement, invoicing and daily deposits.
- Monitor and prepare monthly and/or quarterly claims and reports for all state grants in accordance with individual agreements by compiling, research and analyzing data regarding expenditures.
- Billing responsibilities include billing student tuition payments for the Erskine Green Training Institute and supporting the institute staff in maintaining student payment records. Includes working with external stakeholders including Vocational Rehab counselors for proper authorization of students each training session and preparing communications to Chapters/Members of The Arc.
- Assist CFO as needed in schedule preparation for audits.
- Assist with gathering information for the preparation of tax returns, including 1099's, 990's and property taxes.
- Perform special projects as assigned.
- Knowledge of and experience with automated accounting systems.
MIP accounting software experience a plus.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in excel, word and outlook.
- Associate/Bachelor's degree in accounting preferred OR a minimum of 3 to 5 years related accounting experience. Knowledge of non-profit accounting a plus.
- Strong organization, interpersonal and planning skills.
- Ability to function on multiple tasks.
Click the APPLY button to submit resume and cover letter to Anne Lammert, CFO.