Major and Planned Giving Officer - WFYI
- 18-Sep-2021 to 17-Oct-2021
- - WFYI Public Media
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Commensurate with experience and responsibility
- Full Time
As Indiana's largest public media, WFYI reaches more than half a million people with trusted news and compelling stories across radio, TV, digital, and in-person. Every day, we leverage NPR, PBS and our local staff to empower, educate, entertain, and connect our communities through impactful journalism, inspiring stories, and lifelong learning. Our mission has never been more important than it is right now.
WFYI is seeking a Major and Planned Giving Officer to qualify and manage a caseload of donors with capacity to give $1,200+ annually. This position will be responsible for developing and executing strategies for donor identification, qualification, cultivation, and solicitation that will contribute to the more than $1.4 million dollars WFYI receives annually from major donors. The applicant should have an ability to build strong relationships and clearly communicate our organization's mission. As a nonprofit, we rely on our 27,000 individual donors for more than one-third of our annual operating budget.
Reporting Relationship: Reports directly to the Director of Major and Planned Giving and is a member of the major giving team.
Position Description: This position identifies, cultivates and secures new major, planned, and capital gifts for WFYI. This position also leads the engagement and stewardship of a donor portfolio to increase giving.
- Qualifies a portfolio of 600 donors down to 150 donors.
- Conducts a minimum of 12 donor calls or virtual visits monthly.
- Identifies, cultivates and solicits planned gifts.
- Ensures that donor information is entered into WFYI's organizational database in a standardized, timely and accurate manner.
- Meets the goals set annually for revenue growth, expectancies secured, and number of visits.
- Develops strategies that contribute to the retention of annual and planned gifts.
- Works well with volunteers, foundation, and board members to ensure goals and objectives are met.
- Helps coordinate, communicate and implement major donor and planned giving donor events.
- Ensure that donor and potential donor information is entered into WFYI's organizational database in a standardized, timely and accurate manner.
- History of successfully securing gifts of $1,200+.
- Bachelor's degree preferred along with at least 2 years' experience securing major and/or planned gifts.
- Experience using a donor database and other donor management technology, Salesforce CRM experience preferred.
- Experience qualifying donors through the Moves Management process.
- Experience or knowledge of planned giving vehicles, principles and best practices.
- Candidates should possess excellent oral, written and presentation skills, be computer literate and demonstrate strong leadership and interpersonal skills. Familiarity with Microsoft Teams is a plus.
- Position requires that the individual be a self-starter, enjoy a fast-paced, high energy environment and be willing to work varied hours and attend off-site events. Capacity to think strategically, as well as creatively will be advantageous.
- Proven ability to work with internal and external constituencies in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters with appropriate discretion.
- High energy and passion for WFYI Public Media mission and core values of operating with unquestionable integrity; collaborating with each other and with community partners; respecting everyone; serving with humility; embracing change; delivering excellence every day. Sense of humor.
WFYI is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.