HIV/AIDS Care Coordinator - Damien Center
- 18-Sep-2021 to 17-Oct-2021
- - Damien Center
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
HIV Care Coordination is a specialized form of HIV case management. The Care Coordinator's main responsibility is to connect individuals living with HIV to a wide variety of health and social services. Care Coordination provides an individualized plan of care that includes medical, psychosocial, financial, and other supportive services, as needed. The Care Coordinator will maintain a caseload of no fewer than 40 active clients, plus clients in maintenance status.
- Maintain an active caseload of 40 active clients, plus clients in maintenance status
- Interview and assess client's eligibility and need for health and social services
- Ensure the continuity of care, to promote self-sufficiency by developing a plan of care and appropriate interventions to address client's concerns
- Assist clients with enrolling in health insurance, including Medicaid, Medicare, ADAP, HIAP, MDAP, HIP, and the Ryan White Program, etc. and providing re-certifications when required
- Assess client need for housing accommodations and complete appropriate housing application
- Evaluate client need for emergency funds, such as Direct Emergency Financial Assistance (DEFA) to assist with rent, utilities, medications, etc.
- Provide referrals as needed to medical, optical and dental care, mental health and substance abuse programs, community and government agencies, food pantry, support groups, legal assistance, transportation, etc.
- Perform home visits when required
- Provide emotional support for clients and their families
- Act as a liaison between client and all relevant service providers, programs, and resources
- Educate clients and others about HIV and prevention using approved methods and educational information
- Provide minimum of 85 hours of billable client support per month
- Complete necessary paperwork and data entry, including entering case notes within 24 hours of client service/interaction
- Return phone calls within 48 hours
- Collect necessary documentation, including quarterly plan of care being signed by client and update client demographics during quarterly plan of care meeting.
- Ensure client files are appropriately arranged based on ISDH auditing standards
- Perform effectively within the organization and interpersonally with co-workers
- Attend agency, staff, department, or state requested meetings, trainings or professional development opportunities
- Participate in and/or coordinate 1 to 2 additional committees/activities per year
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Develop positive working relationships with other social service, medical, and mental health providers
- Participate in agency fundraising and advocacy events as required by agency leadership
- A bachelor's or master's level degree in social work, sociology, psychology, counseling, or nursing is preferred. Candidates with care coordination or client management experience of two years or more will also be considered as viable applicants. Candidates will also be considered with some college education if the earned credits are in human behavior, social policy, social welfare, or counseling.
- Bilingual, preferred.
- Proven experience in working with minority populations a plus.
- Strong experience in working with transgender population, preferred.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to relocate in office building several times a day
Please Note The Following:
- If a candidate is offered and accepts this position, s/he will be required to agree to a background check. Employment will be contingent upon the findings.
- If a candidate is offered and accepts this position, s/he will be required to sign confidentiality and data security agreements. All employees are required to sign agency confidentiality statements, pass HIPAA training, and agree to all policies and procedures.
The Damien Cares is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.