Manager of Community Engagement - The Mind Trust
- 18-Sep-2021 to 17-Oct-2021
- - Mind Trust
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- competitive compensation commensurate
- Full Time
- comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance, a 403(b) retirement plan including employer match and paid time off
The Mind Trust is an Indianapolis-based education nonprofit that works to build a system of schools that gives every student in Indianapolis, no exceptions, access to a high-quality education. The Mind Trust does this by building a supportive environment for schools through policy and community engagement, empowering talented, diverse educators to launch new schools, and providing existing schools with the support they need to hire world-class talent and achieve excellence. Since 2006, The Mind Trust has supported the launch of 41 schools, 14 education nonprofit organizations, and has helped place more than 1,600 teachers and school leaders in Indianapolis classrooms.
About The Mind Trust
We are a high-impact, fast-paced organization that emphasizes a results-oriented culture. Our team is highly collaborative and we take pride in offering a flexible work environment. The Mind Trust is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) in all we do to ensure present and future educational success for all students in Indianapolis. Upholding these principles is critical for our staff, Fellows, community stakeholders, and partners to spark radical systemic change. We recognize the past and continued existence of institutional racism, discrimination, privilege, and oppression in our education system and society at-large, in particular its adverse effects on our students of color.
Intentional and meaningful community support and involvement are essential components of The Mind Trust's work, as doing so effectively helps address barriers that make it harder for children to learn and pursue their dreams. That's why The Mind Trust actively invests in and partners with schools, nonprofits, educators, students, and families to ensure they are at the forefront of education advocacy and change.
The Manager of Community Engagement's primary responsibilities include completing administrative aspects of the team's work, managing special projects, planning and attending meetings/events with community stakeholders to learn their perspectives and needs while sharing the mission and vision of The Mind Trust in an effort to form strong partnerships.
The ideal candidate is an excellent project manager, has keen attention to detail, excellent organizational skills and a high bar for quality. The Manager of Community Engagement must be a critical thinker who demonstrates sound judgement in strategizing and prioritizing tasks. This position provides a unique opportunity for a self-starter to dive deep into community engagement work and make a significant impact in shaping education with historically marginalized communities. Having an entrepreneurial mindset is key for the person hired for this position, as there is an expectation to think expansively and bring forth new ideas to help grow The Mind Trust's community engagement efforts.
The Manager of Community Engagement reports to the Senior Director of Community Engagement.
- Develop and maintain relationships with organizations, businesses and general community members to establish trust and ignite mutually-beneficial partnerships.
- Strategically develop initiatives to enhance The Mind Trust's community engagement efforts and ultimate goal of ensuring all students have access to a high quality education.
- Work with community organizations to deepen The Mind Trust's understanding of their priorities and vice versa.
- Efficiently track all community engagement actions, events, engagements, and participation of community stakeholders.
- Provide engagement support to The Mind Trust's education Fellows.
- Serve as the team's point person for Salesforce input.
- Deep commitment to and enthusiasm for The Mind Trust's mission of ensuring that all children have an opportunity to receive an excellent education.
- Significant alignment and belief in The Mind Trust's core values.
- Strong desire to work alongside the community to address education issues.
- Considerable understanding of the Indianapolis community, including, but not limited to schools, neighborhoods, city-wide agencies and programs, and stakeholders.
- Solid interpersonal skills and a willingness to to engage cooperatively with internal team members and external stakeholders
- Highly organized with demonstrated ability to simultaneously balance several tasks.
- Ability to coordinate and execute logistics with precise attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively, and thrive in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of community members, families and other stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree or higher.
The Mind Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Click the APPLY button for application instructions through our website.