Community Center Building Manager - Friends of the Community Center of Tipton County, Inc.
- 18-Sep-2021 to 17-Oct-2021
- - Friends of the Community Center of Tipton County, Inc.
- Tipton, IN, USA
- Salary Commensurate with Experience and Qualifications.
- Full Time
- Foster a professional work environment with tenants, vendors, guests, volunteers, publicity media, donors, and the general public.
- Maintain office hours, at least 15 hours per week in person, including some time each weekday, with schedule posted on Facebook and the website.
- Maintain tenant relationships.
- Monitor building and grounds for safety and security, including camera surveillance, for risk, and forcleanliness, damage and needed repairs.
- Conduct and coordinate periodic inspections.
- Plan and coordinate all building maintenance and custodian duties.
- Purchase janitorial and other supplies and equipment.
- Negotiate contracts.
- Perform basic accounting and bookkeeping responsibilities with QuickBooks, reporting on accounts payable and receivable.
- Develop and propose an annual fundraising plan.
- Support the Board of Directors with communication, agenda preparation, and reports on the work performed and financial condition of the Center.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Coordinate marketing and promotion of the Center.
- Maintain website and social media platforms.
- Conduct banquet tours.
- Cultivate relationships with catering and bar tending services and vendors of all services that may beneeded at the Center.
- Manage all paperwork needed to reserve and rent a banquet room or other facilities.
- Check in prior to rental events to make sure client has everything they need before the event starts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Fundamental understanding of bookkeeping and basic accounting, and proficiency in use of QuickBooks.
- Well-organized with regard to daily tasks, office appearance and events.
- Skilled in people relationships, problem solving and decision making.
- Proficiency with computer hardware and office-related software, such as Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat and PowerPoint (or similar products).
- Creative marketing skills.
Reports to: the President of the Board of Directors
Note: Administrative Assistant
If the Board of Directors may now or at any time choose to employ a full or part-timeAdministrative Assistant to work with the Building Manager, the duties of the Building Managermay be officially divided for primary responsibility, but remain shared for maximum service to the community. The Manager may be involved in the direct supervision of the Assistant.
ATTENTION: Be Prepared - To assist you and the search committee in discerning your match for the position, we suggest you prepare your responses to these questions prior to hitting "APPLY" to make your application. Applications will not be considered without question responses.
- What experience or qualities do you feel make you a uniquely qualified match for this position? What questions do you have about this position?
- Share a circumstance where you had to bring order, and perhaps restore relationships, to a group or team.
- Talk about how you have been successful in engaging board members or others in furthering the mission and financial sustainability of an organization.
- Give an example of how you have used marketing and promotion skills, including any outside marketing/PR firms, event planners, and/or contractors to leverage your efforts and benefit your organization or event.
- Share your experience with accounting and financial record keeping and reporting and any financial software.
- Share your training and experience level with typical office related software and website management.
- Talk about your experience in coordinating or overseeing facility maintenance needs.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.