Individual Giving Officer-The Great American Songbook Foundation - The Center For The Performing Arts
- 25-Sep-2021 to 24-Oct-2021
- - Center for the Performing Arts
- Carmel, IN, USA
- Full Time
The Individual Giving Officer serves as a key development team member and an active participant in expanding the base of philanthropic support for the Great American Songbook Foundation (GASF). The successful candidate will help forge new relationships locally and nationwide to build and expand the Great American Songbook Foundation's individual donor base. The primary function of the Individual Giving Officer is as an individual giving solicitor of mid-tier giving.
This role must embrace, lead and demonstrate our core values of excellence, collaboration, innovation, integrity and inclusion.
- Serve as a key solicitor for individual donors, and work in consultation with the Development Strategy & Research Manager to identify prospects for the pipeline
- Collaborate with Annual Fund Manager who oversees broad-based and entry-level individual donor strategies for up-tiering existing donor relationships
- Work with Donor Stewardship and Partnership Fulfillment Manager to ensure gift acknowledgement and stewardship is timely and representative of polish befitting the GASF
- Responsible for predetermined amounts of the GASF fundraising goals
- Actively carries a portfolio of 75-110 individual donors and high-capacity prospects
- Retain and upgrade existing donors while also identifying and acquiring new donors through research, cultivation and targeted outreach of gifts ranging of $1,000 and above
- Work with development staff, volunteer leadership, Board of Directors, and senior management to develop specific cultivation and solicitation strategies for individual donors in portfolio
- Demonstrate motivational and problem-solving capabilities with a high degree of integrity, ethics and dedication to the mission of the GASF
- Serve as a key strategist for overall philanthropic visioning and execution across the organization
- Participate in annual budgeting cycle as a member of the development staff
- Support other fundraising events, including annual Gala, as a key member of the team to execute said events, which typically occur outside of Central Indiana
- Available to work evenings and weekends as requested including at concerts and events
- Occasional travel to meet donors and prospects, as GASF has a local and national base
- Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in fundraising, arts management, communications or business preferred
- Minimum of five years in a previous nonprofit fundraising or for-profit business development position; high preference given to those with experience specifically in individual fundraising, including Annual Fund, major giving, capital and endowment campaigns
- Minimum five years of demonstrated development success with polished solicitation approach
- Previous experience using CRM and/or fundraising platform (i.e., Tessitura, Raiser's Edge, etc.)
The Center for Performing Arts and Great American Songbook Foundation provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, LGBTQ, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
The Center for the Performing Arts and the Great American Songbook Foundation require proof of COVID-19 vaccination as a term of employment.
Click the APPLY button for application instructions through our website.