Technical Consultant - Social Legends LLC
- 25-Sep-2021 to 24-Oct-2021
- - Social Legends
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- competitive compensation, negotiable (Contractor, FTE, etc.) based on the needs of the candidate
- Full Time
- Benefits packages available
ABOUT SOCIAL LEGENDS
WHO WE ARE
Social Legends is an Indiana-based philanthropic consulting firm founded in 2009, that is also classified as an Indiana Women Business Enterprise. But more importantly -
We are objectively focused on our clients' needs, always keeping their best interests at heart. Social Legends has built strong, lasting relationships because we objectively assess each client's unique situation and shepherd them toward the right solutions.
We are focused on creating custom-tailored plans which build upon existing impact, while leveraging'and extending'existing capacity.
We are, as an organization and as individuals, firm believers in the greater good. We believe that when everyone works together, the community as a whole will benefit.
WHAT WE BELIEVE.
We believe in immersing ourselves not only in an organization's operations, but also in their culture. By doing so, we gain a better, holistic understanding of what it will take to get them where they want to go.
We believe in lively conversation and spirited debate, especially when it involves difficult topics. We help clients manage the conversation' so the right voices are being heard while keeping the process (and progress) on track.
We believe in taking a step back in order to see connections (and disconnects) that our clients may or may not see. Our outside perspective combined with our real-world experience results in valuable, often eye-opening insights.
WHAT WE OFFER
We believe in amplifying our clients' existing efforts and extending their capacity to accomplish greater things. We've built our diverse portfolio of supportive services to be as expansive or pinpointed as our clients need.
Our offerings include:
- Strategic Planning and Implementation
- Program/Project Planning, Management, and Implementation
- Stakeholder Engagement and Awareness
- Board Governance and Board Development
- Evaluation and Assessment
- Resource Development Planning and Implementation
- Financial Planning and Management
- Grant Planning and Implementation
- Human Resources Planning
- Leadership Training and Executive Coaching
- Social Enterprise Planning and Development
Use your knowledge and skills to strengthen the impact of education organizations that are working with communities to eliminate gaps for students furthest from opportunity.
Social Legends is looking for a Technical Consultant to join our team. The ideal candidate for this position will bring a sophisticated understanding of relevant issues in education (specifically out-of-school time (OST) and summer learning), proven success in a related field, and possess an entrepreneurial spirit. Our work is statewide in scope, so our flexible working style allows our professionals to work where they have built their lives, which means Social Legends is able to hire the best person for each role, regardless of geography. Post-COVID-19 restrictions, up to approximately 20% travel may be required.
Technical Consultants work as members of small teams and take high-impact roles in both external and internal capacities. Externally, Technical Consultants play an important role on client engagements by identifying issues, aligning planning efforts, synthesizing research/input into recommendations, developing work plans, and ultimately helping to implement change with our clients. Internally, Consultants work closely with Social Legends team members to oversee all aspects of client projects including planning, supervising, and execution.
In this position you should expect to:
- Collaborate with clients and Social Legends team members to support the development of high-impact strategies, and implementation plans in response to real-world, time-sensitive challenges brought forward by the client.
- Manage a work stream to research, analyze, and synthesize key questions for the client project; synthesize findings and generate insights to support client impact.
- Develop work plans and execute against these plans with independence and a high degree of ownership.
- Reflect on stakeholder, community, and team input to align new and existing strategies
- Identify key data sources and gather data to inform strategy development and execution
- Manage and/or facilitate client meetings with independence, including strong meeting preparation and follow-up.
- Serve as a thought partner, leveraging internal and external networks, to engage in team problem-solving, share evolving trends and best practices, and contribute to knowledge creation initiatives.
- Provide direct technical assistance to a variety of OST and summer learning providers
- Develop and manage training and professional development offerings for OST professionals
- Create best practices resources, tools, high-impact presentations, executive summaries, and implementation plans.
- Review and track data submissions to ensure compliance and quality data governance practices
- Support administrative responsibilities
Excited? We are too. You should apply if you have:
- A passion for and commitment to serving high-need students and familiarity with the challenges and disparities facing underserved students
- An understanding of and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- At least six years' professional experience in a role supporting an Out-of-School Time (OST) program
- At least three years' professional experience providing management or administrative support of an Out-Of-School Time program.
- A well-rounded interpersonal skill set with the capacity to collaborate with many diverse stakeholders (including OST providers, community partners, and school districts)
- Experience writing and managing grants.
- Experience leveraging project management tools, processes, and research to drive extraordinary outcomes.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to effectively synthesize large amounts of information into easy-to-digest work products (slide decks and/or memos).
- A highly self-motivated work style and willingness to proactively take on roles within project teams and the organization.
- Comfort and interest in joining a small, entrepreneurial organization with a flexible working environment.
- A degree or credential in a related field (not required, but preferred)
ATTENTION: Be Prepared - To assist you and the search committee in discerning your match for the position, we suggest you prepare your responses to these questions prior to hitting "APPLY" to make your application. Applications will not be considered without question responses.
- Describe professional experience with out-of-school time programs.
- Describe professional experience making connections within the community and managing partnerships.
- Describe personal working style.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.