Chief Operating Officer - Indiana Youth Institute
- 25-Sep-2021 to 24-Nov-2021
- - Indiana Youth Institute
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- strong benefits package
- Full Time
- Salary is competitive and commensurate with level of experience
IYI is looking to add a Chief Operating Officer (COO) who:
- Is passionate about improving the lives of all Indiana youth.
- Understands and embodies a dedication to operational excellence, with the detail-oriented organizational and process management skills to manage a wide range of incoming requests and responsibilities.
- Has the ability to manage change and ambiguity with an action-orientation/drive, must thrive in a dynamic environment.
- Models discipline, professionalism, and intense curiosity.
- Is committed to ensuring equitable outcomes for all of Indiana's youth.
Reporting to the President & CEO, the COO will provide the leadership and management necessary to ensure that IYI has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and systems in place to achieve its organizational mission. While the COO primarily functions internally, they may assist the President externally as needed to advance the organization's mission, including the evaluation and piloting of new strategic partnerships, services, and programming efforts.
The position requires a mission-focused, strategic, and process-minded leader with a proven track record of optimizing the performance of operational areas to collaboratively support the dynamic needs of a growing organization.
Core Responsibilities Will Include:
- Identify, recommend, and oversee the implementation of new technologies and systems to improve and streamline organizational processes
- Establish organizational policies, practices, and procedures that enable IYI staff to become more effective and efficient while also promoting a culture focused on high performance, collaboration, innovation, and continuous improvement
- Lead cross-functional operational improvement initiatives across the organization
- Provide direction, support, and assistance to Vice Presidents in the establishment and implementation of operations-related policies, practices, and standards, to ensure effective and consistent support and execution of divisional programming efforts
- Partner with VPs to ensure ongoing programmatic excellence through regular outcome assessment; proactively recommending and driving improvements as necessary; set standards for accountability and measurements of success
- Create effective measurement tools to gauge the efficiency and effectiveness of internal process and external programming
- Oversee the piloting of new IYI initiatives and strategic projects (currently including Promise Indiana)
- Directly oversee the Marketing and Technology functions within IYI
- Plan and execute semi-annual staff retreats to increase integration, support organizational goals, and build team orientation
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelors degree (Masters preferred) in business-related discipline
- 10 or more years of experience in operational leadership
- Demonstrated ability to create operationalized strategies that have taken a program or organization to the next stage of growth
- Proven track record of team leadership and capacity building, and ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Strong financial acumen and skills in budgeting, financial analysis, and modeling
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to translate complex concepts in easy to understand and transparent ways
- Excellent organizational, time, and project management skills
- Solid understanding of business functions including operations, human resources, marketing, finance, and technology
- Ability to work strategically and collaboratively across departments
- Self-motivated with a desire to achieve results
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Committed to ensuring equitable outcomes for all of Indiana's youth, especially those who have been historically underrepresented in higher education
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.