Vice President of Programs - Indiana Youth Institute
- 25-Sep-2021 to 24-Oct-2021
- - Indiana Youth Institute
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Salary is competitive and commensurate with level of experience.
- Full Time
- strong benefits package
IYI is looking to add a Vice President (VP) of Programs to our team who:
- Is passionate about improving the lives of all Indiana youth.
- Understands and embodies a dedication to operational excellence, with the detail-oriented organizational and process management skills to manage a wide range of incoming requests and responsibilities.
- Has the ability to manage change and ambiguity with an action-orientation/drive, must thrive in a dynamic environment.
- Models discipline, professionalism, and intense curiosity.
- Is committed to ensuring equitable outcomes for all of Indiana's youth.
Reporting the President & CEO, the Vice President (VP) of Programs will be responsible for overseeing IYI professional education and consulting teams which are charged with building the capability of youth serving professionals and organizations to better lead statewide efforts to improve the safety, education, health, and wellbeing of all children and youth.
Core Responsibilities Will Include:
- Directly oversee both the design, development and execution of all professional education programming and consulting services with direct responsibility for achieving outcome goals and financial targets
- Embed principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion within the division's offerings
- Establish annual divisional, departmental and staff goals and objectives, and track results against these goals and implement accountability protocols
- Implement objective and consistent divisional performance measurements used to assess the strengths of each program and desired outcomes and identify areas for improvement
- Facilitate and ensures effective coordination and collaboration between the professional education and consulting services division and other departments not under the VPs leadership
- Manage team performance and carry out management responsibilities, including deploying divisional resources efficiently and effectively toward organizational goals, working with divisional staff to balance workload and effort, and provide regular feedback so that divisional staff can continuously improve
- Mentor and help staff assess programmatic and consulting feasibility, identify opportunities, make connections, and effectively manage projects
- Oversee the budget development process for the division
- Work closely with the Finance department to budget and monitor programmatic operations to ensure sound fiscal management
- Work closely with the Advancement department to implement and report grant deliverables as outlined in the guiding protocols and procedures
The ideal candidate will have:
- Master's degree preferred
- 8-10 years of experience in a youth related field such as youth development, education, child welfare, health, and/or juvenile justice
- 5+ years of direct management experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to translate complex concepts in easy to understand and transparent ways
- Excellent organizational, time, and project management skills
- Solid understanding of business functions including human resources, marketing, finance, and technology
- Ability to work strategically and collaboratively across departments
- Self-motivated with a desire to achieve results
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Committed to ensuring equitable outcomes for all of Indiana's youth, especially those who have been historically underrepresented in higher education
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.