Manager, Evaluation & Impact - Indiana Youth Institute
- 25-Sep-2021 to 24-Oct-2021
- - Indiana Youth Institute
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Salary is competitive and commensurate with level of experience.
- Full Time
- strong benefits package
IYI is looking to add a Manager of Evaluation & Impact who:
- Is passionate about improving the lives of all Indiana youth.
- Understands and embodies a dedication to operational excellence, with the detail-oriented organizational and process management skills to manage a wide range of incoming requests and responsibilities.
- Has the ability to manage change and ambiguity with an action-orientation/drive, must thrive in a dynamic environment.
- Models discipline, professionalism, and intense curiosity.
- Is committed to ensuring equitable outcomes for all of Indiana's youth.
Reporting to the Vice President of Data, Research, and Government Affairs the Manager, Evaluation & Impact will work to operationalize IYI's impact in our work, to analyze outcome data, to coordinate reporting to funders, and to assist in the communication of said outcomes to community stakeholders.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Determine the data needs for effective IYI program evaluation, grant reporting, and community needs assessment
- Establish systems for proper data gathering (both quantitative and qualitative) from across the organization and, as necessary, from partners
- Utilize statistical analysis, impact metrics, and other measurement methods to develop rigorous evaluation strategies that are sufficiently flexible to capture the full range of positive impact resulting from our work
- Develop surveys and identify validated scales and assessments aligned to desired program outcomes; provide instructions to staff for fielding surveys and assessments
- Collect and analyze qualitative data from focus groups, community conversations, and other qualitative methods
- Ensure that data are valid, reliable, complete and accurate
- Design an impact evaluation program that can track outcomes on different timescales, including immediate (1 year), short term (2 years), and longer-term (10+ year) impact
- Learn from impact evaluation methods of peer organizations to continuously improve IYI's approach
- Transform complex, multi-channel data into actionable insights that that helps program leads, senior IYI staff, and external funders understand the impact of programming and initiatives
- Lead the writing of reports and summaries for internal program impact and improvement
- Assist with writing evaluation proposals and impact for grant applications and reports
- Present research and evaluation results internally to staff
Ideal candidate will have:
- Master's degree or equivalent experience, plus at least 5 years of relevant experience
- Expertise in the following areas: advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel; data and statistical visualizations; statistical analysis; advanced proficiency with Tableau; primary and secondary research skills; and mixed methods research skills
- Demonstrated qualitative and quantitative research skills, including but not limited to survey instrument design, sampling design, multivariate statistical analysis experience, qualitative interview guide development and qualitative data analysis
- Demonstrated expertise in impact evaluation using a variety of quantitative and qualitative methods
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate successfully with individuals and teams at all levels, whether internal or external
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex analysis results simply and concisely, using non-technical language and clear visualizations
- Demonstrated successful ability to manage multiple competing priorities
- Project management skills, including capabilities to drive efforts independently, and ensure effective implementation
- Exceptional problem-solving skills, for both conceptual and analytical problems
- Ability to communicate complex analysis results simply and concisely, using non-technical language and clear visualizations
- Committed to ensuring equitable outcomes for all of Indiana's youth
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.