Graphic Designer - 500 Festival
- 25-Sep-2021 to 24-Oct-2021
- - 500 Festival
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The 500 Festival, an Indianapolis based non-profit corporation, produces nearly 50 annual events and programs reaching over 500,000 people and creating a $20 million positive financial impact on the city of Indianapolis. The organization originated in 1957 as a community led initiative to celebrate and support the Indianapolis 500 race. The mission of the 500 Festival is to produce life-enriching events and programs while celebrating the spirit and legacy of the Indianapolis 500® and fostering positive impact on the city of Indianapolis and state of Indiana.
Events and programs include the AES 500 Festival Parade, Salesforce & JPMorgan Chase 500 Festival Kids' Day & Rookie Run, the American Legion 500 Festival Memorial Service, the 500 Festival Princess Program presented by The National Bank of Indianapolis, the 500 Festival and Indianapolis 500 Education Program presented by Indiana University Health, the 500 Festival KidsFit program and many more. Two significant and financially impactful events for the organization are the OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini-Marathon and the Delta Dental 500 Festival 5K both of which occur on the first weekend in May.
We are seeking a Graphic Designer to execute design needs throughout the organization and within its events and programs.
This position reports to the VP of Marketing & Communications of the 500 Festival and will be responsible for the creation, execution and delivery of both print and digital graphics that elevate multiple event and program brands through marketing campaigns, social media, live events and more.
Job responsibilities include:
- Create and design various materials for print and digital collateral (e.g., race medals, t-shirts, brochures, ads, event signage, social media posts, website sliders, email templates, handouts, etc.)
- Ensure projects are completed with high-quality and on schedule
- Promote organization through use of its brand guidelines, voice, messaging and creative direction
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects within design specifications and budget restrictions
- Perform retouching and manipulation of images
- Work with a wide range of media and design software
- Provide recommendations for product materials (i.e., fabric, participant medals, merchandise, signage)
- Communicate regularly with vendors regarding processes, timelines, products, estimates etc.
- Coordinate drop-off/deliveries of materials with vendors
- Onsite event set up, tear down and day of support, as needed
- Oversee products within the Merchandise Store
- Other duties as assigned
We are looking for a candidate with the following qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor's degree in graphic arts, design, communications, or related field
- 3-5 years of experience in graphic design
- Possesses strong graphic design skills, composition and layout skills and experience in art production
- Must have strong knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects and InDesign. Working knowledge of Adobe Premiere is a plus
- Has strong organizational skills, verbal communication skills, creativity, initiative and the ability to manage multiple tasks at once
- Has strong attention to detail and enjoys working in a collaborative team environment
- Has knowledge of effective branding practices
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent eye for detail
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, early mornings and weekends as needed during event season
The 500 Festival is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. No relocation assistance provided.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.