Program Coordinator – Community Resources - MLK Center
- 25-Sep-2021 to 15-Oct-2021
- - Martin Luther King Jr. Community Center
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- $44,500 to $50,000 annual salary
- Full Time
The mission of the MLK Center is to create a meaningful impact on the lives of those in the neighborhoods we serve, through quality, multi-generational programs that build community, invest in youth, empower families, advocate for our neighbors and provide a peaceful space to connect. This Program Coordinator position ensures MLK Center is responding to the most immediate needs of our neighbors and community such as emergency assistance, Indy Rent, Midtown-Get-Around, resource/referral and other community resources. This position serves as a team leader for five to seven people and reports to the Deputy Director.
A typical day in this position might look like:
- Answering the main phone line while the intake specialist is taking PTO and routing calls or making appropriate referral.
- Troubleshooting an IndyRent emergency assistance application.
- Help the front desk staff find an appropriate referral for someone calling from an area outside our service boundaries.
- Track enrollment numbers in the Midtown-Get-Around program and provide report to IndyGo
- Reviewing and update the standard operation policies and procedures for community resources
- Coaching a team member around their strengths to foster a culture of belonging, innovation, learning and nonviolence.
- Reviewing time sheets of team members for bi-weekly payroll
- Meet with other team leaders to develop an appropriate response to a family crisis situation in the neighborhood
- Prepare monthly report for data collection and work with Deputy Director to prepare grant reports.
- Interviewing, onboarding and training a new staff member onto the team.
This position might be for you if:
- You have a commitment to excellent customer service and problem-solving. You love taking on difficult challenges and finding creative solutions. If you don't know the answer you'll dig until you find it.
- You like computers. You're comfortable with the Internet, Microsoft Office, and Google
- You like helping people. You are patient, level-headed and cool under pressure. You don't get flustered easily.
- You pay attention to details and like giving friendly reminders of deadlines, policies and procedures. You like asking questions.
- You can explain just about anything to anyone, and you're comfortable communicating in writing, on the phone and in person.
- You are committed to a positive team environment focused on learning and growing and incorporating Dr. King's Nonviolence Principles for social change.
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in non-profit management, logistics, project administration or equivalent field.
To be offered this position, you need to have some experience getting things done and helping others solve problems. It doesn't need to be traditional Operations Management or Customer Service jobs; Internships, volunteer work and side projects count. Just make sure we can see where you picked up your helping-people superpowers.
No phone calls please. Send your resume and a paragraph about why you want to join our hard-working team to MLKCenterIndy@TalbottTalent.com. This position will be posted until October 15, 2021.