Fundraising Coordinator 2 - United Way of Central Indiana (UWCI)
- 04-Oct-2021 to 03-Nov-2021
- - United Way of Central Indiana
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Complete Benefits Package Available
United Way of Central Indiana (UWCI) recognizes that the key to success is a strong and cohesive team that works through shared values to achieve our mission. The Fundraising Coordinator will help advance the mission of UWCI by providing strategic project support to the Senior Manager of Team Force. The Fundraising Coordinator will also provide fundraising and administrative support to team members who are responsible for UWCI's fundraising and related activities.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- Partnership: Actively participate in team meetings, providing suggestions and feedback to further the effectiveness of the team fundraising efforts.
- Team Support: Responsible for timely, accurate, thorough and pro-active support of the fundraising team members. Efforts include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide primary fundraising and project support
- Schedule meetings, prepare agendas and materials, track RSVP's, and coordinate logistics
- Receive and enter initial workplace pledge/payment information via Campaign Contribution Report Envelopes
- Query organizational database and extract data as requested
- Generate and run multiple accurate reports from organizational database
- Produce quality company fundraising presentation materials
- Provide e-pledge support as requested by team members
- Compile and type statistical reports (charts, graphs and spreadsheets)
- Type & prepare correspondence, mail merges, labels & other documents
- Provide customer service in a courteous and professional manner including greeting and directing visitors, taking and delivering phone or visitor messages, answering all departmental telephones promptly and providing information or routing calls to appropriate staff.
- Troubleshoot and field general requests from donors and team members
- Proofread and edit documents as needed and requested
- Serve as the lead coordinator for roll-over pledge processes
- Pull lapsed donor reports, campaign reports and send lapsed donor letters as requested
- Provide donor and/or company reports and other materials for weekly meetings
- Assist with the evaluation of trends within accounts
- Prepare portfolio reports
- Update mailing lists and record bulk communications and event participation in the database
- Coordinate and monitor corporate thank you process
- Provide daily and engagement activity support for Fundraising Liaison
- Coordinate team tasks and prioritize to meet deadlines
- Assist Senior Manager with inter-departmental communications
- Organizational Support: Under the guidance of the Senior Manager, fulfill assigned roles that assure organizational success. Efforts include, but are not limited to:
- Processing of envelopes
- Roles in the thank you process
- Submission of regional/national results to UWW Breakfast Online
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The individual in this role must display the highest level of integrity and confidentiality. United Way also values innovative thinking, and a successful candidate will be a self- starter who can work within the team to achieve goals and objectives. The individual should have effective communication skills, attention to detail and organization, flexibility, adaptability and the ability to multi-task and be open-minded in a fast-paced environment. The individual will also maintain knowledge of trends in his/her area of responsibility and reviews literature to understand key issues.
Education and/or Experience
High School education required. Advanced education preferred. Two to four years related experience preferred. Thorough knowledge of all aspects of non-profit organizations preferred.
Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, a strong reputation for integrity and professionalism, ability to resolve conflict constructively, strong performance management and evaluation capabilities including the willingness and ability to ensure accountability, ability to build strong relationship both inside and outside UWCI, ability to think strategically, commitment to fostering an inclusive environment consistent with UWCI's commitment to diversity and inclusion. Must have the ability to prepare, explain, and monitor performance, manage a diverse group of donors and volunteers, manage projects and workload, and engage constructively with the other members of the UWCI team.
Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
*Work experience may substitute for education requirements on a case-by-case basis.
United Way of Central Indiana's team is evaluated on the following core competencies:
- Job Knowledge
- Thriving in Change
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.