Mentor Match Coordinator for Homeless Prevention/Young Adult - Trusted Mentors
- 04-Oct-2021 to 03-Nov-2021
- - Trusted Mentors, Inc.
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- $37- $40,000
- Full Time
- access to benefits, PTO’s and paid holidays
Are you looking for an impactful position working with a wide variety of people? Trusted Mentors is an Indianapolis based 501c3 that connects trained, volunteer mentors with at risk adults to help more people stay housed and out of prison. The Mentor Match Coordinator for Homeless Prevention/Young Adults is responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships with agency partners, recruiting new mentors, matching mentors with mentee referrals, coaching mentors engaged in the mentoring activity and assisting with fundraising events. You will be joining a dedicated and engaging team working to establish personal connections that can change lives. The Mentor Match Coordinator is expected to achieve a high standard of excellence and to take the initiative to further the mission of Trusted Mentors.
Partner Agency Management
- Develop strong relationships with the Homeless Prevention/Young Adult referring agencies
- Ensure the partner agencies understand the mentee referral process. Provide information about available mentors.
- Conduct mentee recruiting sessions at the partner agencies as required
- Review and manage all mentee referrals for the Homeless Prevention/Young Adult Track
- Work with mentor recruitment pipeline to recruit needed volunteer mentors
- Ensure all mentor candidate inquiries are funneled into mentor qualification process
- Attend networking events to develop contacts and promote Trusted Mentors
- Build strong relationships with mentors
- Conduct mentor training on an as-needed basis
Mentor/Mentee Relationship Matching and Support
- Match mentors with mentees according to the established matching criteria
- Conduct the match meetings in accordance with established operating practices
- Provide on-going support to mentoring pairs as required
- Maintain mentor and mentee information in Salesforce as required
- Ensure mentors understand their monthly reporting responsibilities
- Promptly review monthly reports and respond to all mentor requests for assistance
- Enter match information consistently and in a timely manner into Salesforce
- Maintain good match records in Salesforce
- College Degree (or appropriate experience).
- Excellent interpersonal, speaking and writing skills.
- Strong organizational and follow up skills. Ability to engage volunteers to be successful mentors over a year's time.
- Working with individuals who have experienced homelessness, addictions, mental health and poverty issues a plus.
- Ability to take-on more responsibility as the organization grows is desired.
- Solid experience with email, calendars, Word, and Excel required. PowerPoint, and social networking is a plus.
- Ability to use computer applications such as CRM. Familiarity with Salesforce is a plus.
- Transportation is a necessity as might have to meet individuals off-site.
ATTENTION: Be Prepared - To assist you and the search committee in discerning your match for the position, we suggest you prepare your responses to these questions prior to hitting "APPLY" to make your application. Applications will not be considered without question responses.
In your most recent position, how did you ensure that your programs matched the needs of your clients/community and were of very high quality?
What experience or qualities do you feel make you a uniquely qualified match for this position?
This position requires working independently, and with flexibility. Do you consider yourself to be reliable? Provide an example that illustrates this.
This position requires communicating with a wide variety of individuals. What approach do you take in communicating with people?
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.
Trusted Mentors, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.