Office Manager (part-time) – Western Yearly Meeting
- 04-Oct-2021 to 13-Oct-2021
- - Western Yearly Meeting
- Plainfield, IN, USA
- $20 per hour plus vacation and holiday
- Part Time
- no benefits
Are you a self-starter? Good with details? Flexible? Delight in working with fellow staff and the public?If so, the following job just might have your name on it. This is a part-time Monday-Friday position, approximately 30 hours per week.
Western Yearly Meeting of the Friends Church (WYM) is looking for an Office Manager. Reporting to the General Superintendent, this position is responsible for the operations of the WYM Office in Plainfield, Indiana. Western Yearly Meeting of Friends Church is a regional church body of 33 congregations (Meetings) in western Indiana and northeastern Illinois.
WYM encourages, supports, and equips Meetings and individuals to grow and share their faith in Jesus Christ as we seek the will of God through Scripture and the guidance of the Holy Spirit, expressed in the Quaker tradition.
Under the supervision of the General Superintendent of Western Yearly Meeting, the Office Manager is responsible for the operations of the WYM Office in Plainfield, Indiana. This is a part-time Monday – Friday position @ $20 per hour, approximately 25-35 hours per week. Requires a valid Indianadriver's license.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Is first point of contact for individuals visiting/communicating with WYM Office.
- Works with clerical aspect of the financial operation of WYM; assists contracted service with check clearing, deposits and check requests.
- Keeps and updates WYM Calendar both in Office and on-line.
- Sees that WYM Office runs smoothly and on schedule.
- Manages various WYM Databases including Servant Keeper and Mail Chimp and coordinatestheir employment in WYM operations.
- Keeps and organizes records of WYM Administrative Council, WYM Committees, Taskforces, and Office Activities.
- Is responsible for the organization and printing of the annual Resource and Minute Book ofWYM.
- Organizes and disseminates regular WYM publications.
- Works with Web contractor to update WYM website.
- Performs other duties as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to plan, organize and administer work responsibilities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to be an active and sensitive listener.
- Ability to work under pressure and with sometimes frequent interruptions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with WYM Staff, WYM Churches/Meetings, WYM Members and others with whom contact is made.
- Able to use personal vehicle daily to pick up mail at the post office, take deposits to the bank and run other errands. (Mileage is reimbursed at the standard IRS rate.)
- Knowledge of basic bookkeeping.
- Proficient in current computer technology. Competencies expected: Microsoft Office 365, cloud-based document sharing, social media, audio-visual equipment and software.
- Is detail orientated, a self-starter and flexible.
This job occurs in the WYM Office in Plainfield, Indiana. Administers work typically sitting in the entrance area of the WYM Office, with occasional walking, light lifting and other limited physical activities;regular operation of computer and other office equipment is required. Regular contact is made with WYM staff, various committees and boards and the public.
Education, Experience, and Training
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High School Graduation or any equivalent combination of acceptable education and experience providing the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. Previous office experience required. Requires a valid Indiana Driver's License.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume by Oct 13.