Director, Donor Engagement and Development - Early Learning Indiana
- 04-Oct-2021 to 03-Nov-2021
- - Early Learning Indiana
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Medical, prescription, dental, vision, health savings, flexible spending accounts, and an employee assistance program; Access to a generous retirement matching plan, life insurance coverage and short- and long-term disability insurance.
The Director of Donor Engagement and Grants is responsible for developing and implementing a strategic, multi-channel approach to donor engagement. A critical part of this work will include helping to identify, pursue and shepherd strategic and ongoing grant opportunities. This role will gain an in-depth understanding of the organization, advancement priorities, and donors in order to create a compelling strategy for building and developing Early Learning Indiana's donor base.
- Spearhead the drafting, submission and stewardship of grant proposals for the organization, engaging other team members and contract grant writers as needed to support.
- Manage the organizational grants calendar and ensure the maintenance of current records, including contact management, grant tracking and reporting.
- Develop a deep understanding of ELI's organizational strategy, advancement priorities and current constituent base. Leverage knowledge and insights to inform annual planning efforts.
- Lead the development of donor messaging and communications for key audiences including: individual donors, corporations and philanthropic foundations. Ensure messaging is consistent and compelling across mediums - stories, emails, appeals, grant proposals, event promotions, social media posts and more.
- Create and execute high-impact annual plans that support the team in meeting key advancement goals, to include day of service and end of year campaign annually.
- Build meaningful relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including auxiliary members.
- Establish and implement a robust stewardship and communication plan to ensure donors stay up-to-date and engaged in key organizational happenings. Support donor segmentation and stewardship strategy.
- Institute tools and metrics for evaluating and reporting on donor engagement and the efficacy of various efforts. Serve as donor management database superuser.
- Remain up-to-date in industry best practice and leading efforts for engaging and communicating with donors of all types.
- Manage all day-to-day operations of the grant process. Adhere to department budget. Identify opportunities to drive efficiencies and streamline processes.
- Lead organization events that focus on or include donors and/or potential donors.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Philanthropy or related field required
- 5+ years of five (5) years of experience in fundraising, development, donor cultivation, grant solicitation or other related field.
- Prior experience in education a plus
- Experience developing and executing a comprehensive fundraising strategy
- Excellent communication, storytelling and influencing skills
- Familiarity with how nonprofits function, philanthropy and content marketing
- Keen ability to dig into data and translate into actionable insights
- Ability to be creative and think around problems
- Adept at completing multiple tasks and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Able to foster strong collaborative relationships working in a highly-matrixed environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skill
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.