Controller - Cathedral High School
- 04-Oct-2021 to 03-Nov-2021
- - Cathedral High School
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Cathedral High School in Indianapolis, an independent Catholic college preparatory high school in the Holy Cross Tradition, is seeking a Controller. The chosen candidate will be hired to begin employment at Cathedral during the 2021-2022 school year. If interested, complete the online application on Cathedral's Career Page. Applications are being reviewed now.
Job Summary: The Controller is responsible for the accurate recording of all financial activity in the General Ledger, preparing consolidated and operational monthly and quarterly financial statements, assisting the CFO with the annual budget process, and leading the preparation of the annual audit. Responsibilities include: overseeing general ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll and benefit functions, and interaction with parents and vendors. This position supervises the accounts payable and accounts receivable positions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- ● Recording of Financial Activity into the General Ledger: Posts all information to the general ledger from other systems (Raiser's Edge, FACTS, Diamond Mind, etc.), enters weekly, monthly and quarterly journal entries, reconciles all bank accounts, receivables, pledges, payables, payroll and other general ledger accounts.
- ● Prepares monthly and quarterly financial statements for distribution to Budget Managers, CFO, President, Finance Committee and Board.
- ● Budget Process: Gathers requests from all budget managers and department heads, for input into the annual budget. Provides budget managers and department heads historical as well as monthly financial activity reports. Works with the CFO to input budget requests into the overall budget, and prepares draft budget scenarios for the Finance Committee's approval. Once approved, enters the budget into Financial Edge, and communicates approved budgets to all budget managers and department heads.
- ● Annual Audit Preparation: Prepares schedules, workpapers, confirmations, and gathers other documents as requested by the auditors on the prep list in a timely manner. Works with auditors throughout the audit process to provide documentation on items selected for testing.
● Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) from a four-year college or university (accounting degree preferred), three to five years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
● CPA preferred.
● Knowledge of Non-profit fund accounting is required.
● Experience with Financial Edge, Raiser's Edge and FACTS is preferred.
● Supervisory experience
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.