Engagement Associate - Exodus Refugee
- 04-Oct-2021 to 03-Nov-2021
- - Exodus Refugee Immigration Inc.
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Exodus Refugee Immigration welcomes refugees and other immigrants of humanitarian concern to Indiana. We work to arrange housing, food, clothing, case management, English and cultural orientation, employment placement, and mental health services for individuals and families starting new lives in the Indianapolis area. As an independent, non-sectarian, 501(c)(3) non-profit agency, Exodus is part of a network that works in partnership with the Department of State's Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration (PRM); the Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR), and Church World Service's Immigration and Refugee Program (CWS/IRP) in the resettlement of refugees from all over the world.
Exodus is seeking an Engagement Associate to provide administrative and logistical support for Exodus Refugee's annual fundraising campaigns, special events, and donor stewardship activities. He/she will also to assist with the management of the agency's donor database as well as oversee engagement and giving opportunities for corporate partners and organizations.
- Manage and oversee the donor database, including recording gifts, updating donor profiles, and generating queries and reports.
- Assist with donor inquiries, process acknowledgement letters, manage online donation platforms, and renew/upgrade monthly donors.
- Provide administrative and logistical support for special events (such as World Refugee Day, the Celebrate the Life Ahead gala, Women's Giving Circle events, and others)
- Assist in managing the Exodus Speakers Bureau of clients and former clients.
- Assist with organizing and maintaining the Exodus photo, video, and story archive. Assist with soliciting and organizing testimonials and photos from clients, volunteers, donors, staff etc. for use in development communications.
- In collaboration with the Director of Development, assist with the writing, design, and execution of annual appeal mailings, impact reports, newsletters, and other communications.
- Help coordinate in-kind donation drive inquiries, set priorities, and update Amazon Wish List.
- Participates in Exodus staff trainings and development activities.
- Performs other duties as may be required by supervisor.
- Reports to the Director of Development.
- Has a bachelor's degree or higher in a related field.
- 1-2 years of experience in fundraising, community outreach, communications, event management, or a related role preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills, plus attention to detail
- Experience with donor database software preferred
- Graphic design, photography, and/or digital media skills are a plus but not required
- Must be comfortable in intercultural environments
- Must be a self-starter with a high level of organizational skill, flexibility, and commitment to refugees
- Must be able to function as part of a team
- Please submit your desired salary qualifications in your cover letter.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.