Human Resources (HR) Manager - Riley Children’s Foundation
- 10-Oct-2021 to 09-Nov-2021
- - Riley Children’s Foundation
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Reporting to the VP, People, the Human Resources (HR) Manager executes strategic human resource initiatives to drive results while ensuring alignment with organizational direction and human resources best practices. The Human Resources (HR) Manager develops partnerships across the foundation to deliver value-added service to management and employees. Provides operational and consultative services including recruitment, employee relations, and talent management.
1. Organizational Business Partner
• Recruiting, Selection and Onboarding: Manage the full-cycle recruitment and selection process for all individual contributor roles. Support VP, People's leadership recruiting. Partner with hiring managers to develop effective sourcing and recruitment strategies that result in outstanding hires. Develop effective relationships within the organization and the hiring community to have influence and impact the recruiting process and hiring. Own the full organizational onboarding process.
• Employee Relations: Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations, when necessary. Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention. Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
• Benefits: Management of health and welfare programs, including medical, prescription, dental, vision, life and medical leave. Support administration of life insurance and AD&D programs. Administer COBRA, FMLA and workers' compensation. Primary point-of-contact for staff benefits. Work with benefits broker to resolve benefits-related issues, including enrollment, coverage, claims and terminations. Oversee benefits administrative renewal, orientation and open enrollment process.
• Employee Records: Ensure accurate and timely maintenance of all automated employee records. Enter and maintain all personnel and benefits data in related databases as well as coordinate and track all health savings accounts.
2. Talent Management
• Annual Evaluations: Lead the annual process for employee evaluations. Creation and assignment of online appraisals, timeline development and progress tracking.
• Compensation Support: Provide support to VP, People in compensation management, including maintaining job families, output of compensation calibration sessions, salary reports, position change documentation, merit/bonus program, etc.
• 360 Process: Administer the 360 feedback process for manager and director level staff. Conduct individual coaching sessions with individual managers and directors.
• Employee Engagement: Manage and maintain the quarterly employee engagement survey. Consult with VP, People on results analysis and action planning.
• Learning & Development: Working with VP, People create learning and development opportunities and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees. Conduct presentations and training.
3. Facilities Management
• Office Liaison: Primary contact with building management (Security, Parking, Building Maintenance).
• Office Supplies: Maintain an ongoing office supply list. Order replacements, as necessary.
• Equipment: Ensure that all equipment is functioning properly and is serviced as needed. Coordinate routine and repair maintenance on office equipment such as copiers, postage machine and automatic folder.
• Leases, agreements, contracts: Maintain copies of office equipment leases, rental agreements and maintenance contracts. Recommend bids for general office products, services and equipment.
• Meetings: Prepare for and actively participate in all Riley Children's Foundation meetings as appropriate. Ensure expectations and tools for meeting agendas and follow-up are implemented.
• Budget: Work with your officer/direct manager to develop, manage and monitor the budget, staying within overall budget guidelines.
• Technology: Understand and effectively use the technology available at the Riley Children's Foundation.
• Compliance: Ensure strict compliance with all Foundation policies, as well as local, state and federal laws that govern business practices.
5. Other Duties as Assigned
• Riley Children's Foundation Events: Participate in Riley Children's Foundation events as requested.
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience.
• Education: Bachelor's Degree is required with a concentration in Human Resources, Business, or the Behavioral Science field preferred. Working knowledge of HRIS and talent management systems.
• Experience: 5-7 years of experience required at an HR Generalist, HR Business Partner level. SHRM-CP and/or PHR certification a plus.
• Skills: Exceptional customer service approach. Individual must be exceedingly well organized and have high attention to detail. The ability to interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial to this role. Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrated success in a "best practice" human resource function. Proficiency in Microsoft Office products with a key focus on Word, Excel and Outlook; experience with SharePoint is a plus. Proficiency in use of databases.
• Qualities: Personal belief in Riley Children's Foundation vision, mission, core values and strategic direction. Results oriented. Ability to work under pressure and effectively prioritize a varied and diverse workload. Inquisitive and sharp minded. Self-motivating and self-starting. Perseverance. Highly energetic. Optimistic and positive. Team player. Must adhere to the highest ethical standards. Professional demeanor.
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.