Executive Assistant and Special Events Coordinator - Brebeuf Jesuit Preparatory School
- 10-Oct-2021 to 29-Oct-2021
- - Brebeuf Jesuit Preparatory School
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Brebeuf Jesuit, a Catholic and Jesuit school, provides an excellent college-preparatory education for a lifetime of service by forming leaders who are intellectually competent, open to growth, loving, religious and committed to promoting justice. Fostering a culture of understanding and dialogue, Brebeuf Jesuit seeks and welcomes students from diverse religious, ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds. Students at Brebeuf Jesuit are called to discover and cultivate the fullness of their God-given talents as a responsibility and as an act of worship.
Executive Assistant and Special Events Coordinator
The Executive Assistant and Events Coordinator's primary responsibility is to assist the President and Senior Vice President in carrying out the basic functions of the Executive Team. Additionally, this person serves as the project manager for Brebeuf's donor-centered events and oversees the operations and management of the Front Desk.
This position reports to the President and Senior Vice President.
(Note: The following list of responsibilities is not exhaustive. Others may be assigned, subject to reasonable accommodations.)
- Managing the daily operation of the President's and Senior Vice President's Offices
- Maintaining the President's daily and long term calendar
- Making appointments and screening phone calls for both offices
- Maintaining the President's office files and the President's and Senior Vice President's correspondence
- Coordinating meetings related to Board Committees and other school committees for both President and Senior Vice President
- Maintaining Relationships
- Make appointments for the President and Senior Vice President with individuals and groups including but not limited to potential donors, trustees, community members, Province and Archdiocese leadership.
- Working with the President, Senior Vice President and Advancement Office to foster interdepartmental communication and closer relationships with donors.
- Supporting the Board of Trustees
- Assisting in ongoing communication between the President and Trustees
- Assisting the President in preparing and managing all meetings of the Board of Trustees and pertinent committees (such as Executive, Governance, Strategic Planning)
- Preparing the agendas and provide logistical support (with other Brebeuf Jesuit Staff) for all Trustee meetings and Trustee events
- Taking, transcribing, distributing and keeping official copies of Minutes of all Board of Trustees meetings, Executive Committee meetings and Standing Committees (as needed)
- Assisting the Board Chair with specific initiatives (i.e., evaluation of the President, individual meetings with each Board member)
- Stewardship/Event Planning
- Serve as project manager for the annual President's Dinner, Bistro, Magis Party, Trivia Night and additional events as determined by the Senior Vice President.
5. Assisting with special projects as directed by the President and Senior Vice President
6. Manage and coordinate the schedule and operations of the Front Desk.
- Sensitivity to and appreciation for diversity, with demonstrated ability to relate to individuals with compassion
- Ability to excel in a team environment
- Excellent writing, speaking and communication skills
- Flexibility to work some evenings and weekends
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and comparable software programs
- Prior experience in clerical support
- Working knowledge of the Society of Jesuits and its role in education
- Experience within an educational and/or independent school environment
- Five years of experience in clerical support at the executive level.
- Experience in event planning.
Click the APPLY button to apply online by Oct 29.