Community Sponsorship Coordinator - Exodus Refugee Immigration
- 11-Oct-2021 to 10-Nov-2021
- - Exodus Refugee Immigration Inc.
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Exodus Refugee Immigration welcomes refugees and other immigrants of humanitarian concern to Indiana. We work to arrange housing, food, clothing, case management, English and cultural orientation, employment placement, and mental health services for individuals and families starting new lives in the Indianapolis area. As an independent, non-sectarian, 501(c)(3) non-profit agency, Exodus is part of a network that works in partnership with the Department of State's Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration (PRM); the Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR), and Church World Service's Immigration and Refugee Program (CWS/IRP) in the resettlement of refugees from all over the world.
Exodus is seeking a Community Sponsorship Coordinator to manage Exodus's work with faith-based, corporate, and community organizations as they form groups to help welcome and support refugee families as they arrive in Indiana. These groups, known as "co-sponsors" or "welcome teams," collaborate with Exodus to assist a refugee family adjusting to life in Indiana. Groups typically work with a family during their first 90 days in the U.S., but may also be placed with a recently arrived family who would benefit from support.
- Conduct recruitment, screening, and interviewing of faith-based, corporate, and community groups to serve as co-sponsors/welcome teams for refugees in Indianapolis and throughout the state of Indiana
- Manage in a timely and professional manner all communication from co-sponsorship groups and welcome teams
- Provide training sessions for groups interested in becoming co-sponsors/welcome teams, helping them understand all requirements and set goals
- Update and develop new training materials for co-sponsors/welcome teams as needed
- Develop an internal referral system for assigning co-sponsors to refugees who have already been living in the U.S. but could use additional assistance
- Manage co-sponsorship and welcome team data for all relevant reporting
- Conduct weekly calls with co-sponsors and welcome teams to ensure that goals are being met
- Develop evaluation system to solicit feedback both from volunteer groups and from clients working with co-sponsors or welcome teams
- Attend weekly staff and development team meetings.
- Participate in Exodus staff trainings and development activities.
- Perform other duties as may be required by supervisor.
- Reports to the Director of Development.
- Must have a bachelor's degree and experience in human services or public affairs.
- Must be comfortable in intercultural environments and working as part of a team.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills, customer service abilities, organization, and ability to be flexible and creative.
- PC proficiency, competent with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume now.