Education Coordinator - Indiana Repertory Theatre
- 11-Oct-2021 to 26-Oct-2021
- - Indiana Repertory Theatre
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
ABOUT INDIANA REPERTORY THEATRE
The Indiana Repertory Theatre (IRT) was founded in 1972 and is the only theatre in Indiana to belong to the League of Resident Theatres (LORT). Historically, the IRT has produced nine productions annually across three stages (the OneAmerica Mainstage, the Upperstage, and the Cabaret) for diverse audiences. The repertoire includes work varying from world premieres to classics. The IRT serves audiences of multiple generations including students from pre-school through twelfth grade. With a significant endowment, the IRT is financially stable. Following many decades of diverse programming, the IRT leadership, in the past three years, has focused on further diversifying its staff and board, including ongoing anti-racist training for all.
Live theatre connects us to meaningful issues in our lives and has the power to shape the human experience. The mission of the Indiana Repertory Theatre is to produce top-quality, professional theatre and related activities, providing experiences that will engage, surprise, challenge, and entertain people throughout their lifetimes, helping us build a vital and vibrant community.
The Indiana Repertory Theatre will be a life-long destination of choice for an ever-expanding audience of all ages and backgrounds seeking enjoyable and meaningful experiences. Using theatre as a springboard for both personal reflection and community discussion, our productions and programs will inspire our neighbors to learn about themselves and others. As an arts leader in the state of Indiana, the IRT's goal is to make Indiana a dynamic home of cultural expression, economic vitality, and a diverse, informed, and engaged citizenry.
COMMITMENT TO CREATING AND SUPPORTING A DIVERSE WORKFORCE
The IRT is committed to building an inclusive, welcoming Theatre that celebrates diversity in all areas of our work. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theatre field are strongly encouraged to apply. This includes, but is not limited to, Black, Indigenous, People of Color, women, transgender, and non-binary candidates.
Located in the heart of Indiana, Indianapolis is a vibrant city to live, work, and play. Indy, as the locals call it, is touted as the Crossroads of America, and you will feel the Midwest vibe as soon as you arrive.
Ranked 16th in the United States in city size with a population close to 878,000, Indy is big enough to explore neighborhoods and the surrounding area on the weekends and cozy enough to call home. The Indiana Repertory Theatre is in the heart of downtown in the historic Indiana Theatre building, located steps away from the Indianapolis Cultural Trail. Downtown Indianapolis is convenient for walking and biking and is easily navigable by IndyGo bus or car.
In addition to a thriving arts and cultural scene featuring the Indianapolis Zoo, Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra, and The Children's Museum of Indianapolis, Indy is known for the Indianapolis 500, a myriad of sports teams including the Indiana Pacers, Indianapolis Colts, and Indianapolis Indians, and a bustling music and diverse restaurant scene. Did we mention a welcoming and convenient airport? The Indianapolis International Airport has been named the best airport in North America in 2012-2020 by Airports Council International.
Indy offers something for everyone in terms of affordable living for both home buying and renting. But don't take our word for it:
- Forbes recently named Indianapolis as America's Best City for Renters
- Good Housekeeping named Indy one of the Best Cities for First-Time Homeowners in the US
- Learn more: Life in Indy and Downtown Indy
And, Indy is a beautiful destination for residents and visitors alike:
- Condé Nast Traveler named Indy one of Best Places to Go in 2021
- Travel + Leisure named Indy one of the Best Places to Travel in 2021
- Reader's Digest named Indy one of the best American cities for Live Music
- Learn more: Visit Indy
The Education Coordinator plays a key role in helping the IRT provide outstanding artistic and learning experiences to young people, as well as fostering a productive work environment fueled by fun, hospitality, creativity and learning. This position is responsible for the IRT's student matinee program, as well as helping to execute other education programming in conjunction with the Associate Artistic Director.
POSITION FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains the student matinee program, including sales, logistics, communications, and outreach.
- Collaborates with Finance Department to establish and track sales goals for all education programs, along with expense budgets for the education department.
- Communicates clearly with schools, teachers, parents, and students regarding the logistics of all education programs, including management of crowds and behavior during student matinee performances.
- Collects, analyzes and synthesizes a variety of data for education programs, including, but not limited to: budgeting and sales, student attendance and demographics, and teacher and student satisfaction.
- Coordinates with Marketing Department to publish materials to promote education programs.
- Manages internal sales and marketing calendars.
- Manages education customer database using the Tessitura software.
- Manages the distribution of funds from the Alan and Linda Cohen Education Fund to schools and students in need.
- Assists the Associate Artistic Director in executing education programs, including YPiP and summer camps.
- Collaborates with Development Department to provide data and context for grant and funding projects.
- Responds to the needs of community partners to create unique engagement experiences with an educational context.
- Assists leadership in researching touring options or other education growth opportunities.
- Represents IRT at internal and community events as needed
- Other administrative duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience.
- Bachelor's Degree with 2-4 years additional experience in arts education or arts administration
- Marketing and sales experience a plus
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- Attention to detail and highly organized
- Strong written and communication skills
- Proofreading skills
- Financial management experience
- Knowledge of database programs, Tessitura preferred
- Microsoft Suite, especially Microsoft Excel
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- COVID-19 vaccination and proof of vaccination are required for employment at the IRT.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an individual must meet in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
Requires employee to stand/sit for extended periods of time
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements by Oct 26.