Guest Services Case Manager - Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Indiana
- 11-Oct-2021 to 02-Nov-2021
- - Ronald McDonald House of Indiana, Inc.
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- $39,000 - 43,000
- Full Time
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision insurance (employee coverage); life insurance; 401k retirement; and paid time off
PURPOSE OF ORGANIZATION
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Indiana is a local part of a global charity that keeps families together as they face the biggest challenges of their lives. We provide a home away from home for families with ill or injured children receiving care at Indianapolis-area hospitals.
The Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Indiana Guest Services Case Manager works to strengthen program operations and remove any barriers families may experience during their stay with RMHCCIN. In collaboration with the staff and volunteer teams, the Guest Services Case Manager organizes the administrative needs of specific program activities critical to serving families and fostering community outreach that drives the mission forward in keeping families close. Like all team members, this role is committed to offering an equitable and compassionate level of care to all guests. The Guest Services Case Manager is a salaried full-time employee who serves in the role Sunday- Thursday 1:00PM-9:30PM.
- Maintain confidentiality while serving as the primary point of contact for all guest staying, assist guests with various requests and needs
- Conduct guest registration process by providing an overview of guest policies and program guidelines
- Develop communication and resources related to program activities and supportive assistance resources
- Adhere to RMHCCIN and/or partnering hospital policies and procedures to ensure a safe and secure environment for all patient and guests.
- Provide assessments to identify family needs while removing any barriers in the form of emotional, financial, and holistic well-being
- Monitor guest management system to ensure the accuracy of guest data, room occupancy, and daily tasks during each shift
- Offer administrative support such scheduling and coordinating services and groups to program activities
- Aggregate data to develop metrics designed to enhance the day-to-day processes and impact of family centered care
- Perform all RMHCCIN operations opening and closing procedures
- Adhere to RMHCCIN and/or partnering hospital emergency policies and procedures to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Provide training and mentoring to ensure knowledge and adherence of all Operations policies and procedures
- Assign the right task to ensure accuracy, completion, and exceptional quality of service
- Equip volunteers with resources and information to fulfill the needs of the guest and program operations
- Collaborate with the Volunteer Manager to support program related service groups and activities
- Promote a positive experience for volunteer and when necessary, provide supervision and guidance
PREFERRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- COVID-19 Vaccinated (Must be able to provide proof of vaccination)
- Bachelor's degree in Social Work or related field required
- 1-2 years of experience required
- fast-paced environment where needs and tasks regularly change
- Previous experience working with volunteers
- Proficient in MS Office Excel, Outlook, and Word
- Basic awareness of using software management system
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
- Can find effective solutions to problems; demonstrates ownership, is resourceful and proactive.
- Adaptable to change and finds opportunities to strengthen the mission and priorities of RMHCCIN when leading with families at the core of services.
- Serve all families, partners, and colleagues in an inclusive and equitable manner while maintaining professional boundaries.
- Ability to perceive risk and safety of guest and facilities
- Adhere to maintaining patient and guest confidentially in compliance with HIPAA
- Constantly moves around facility to interact and perform operational needs
- Frequently positions self to load and unload carts, stock shelves and pantry
- Perform basic laundry and housekeeping tasks
- Frequently transport items that weigh up to 10 pounds
ATTENTION: Be Prepared - To assist you and the search committee in discerning your match for the position, we suggest you prepare your responses to these questions prior to hitting "APPLY" to make your application. Applications will not be considered without question responses.
- Please share a time when you had to develop a relationship with an individual(s) under challenging circumstances. What was the outcome of the situation?
- Please provide a time when you saw a problem at work. What steps did you take to correct the issue?
- What strategies have you used to create an equitable an inclusive work environment?
- What skills and/or experiences would you offer to the role and the RMHCCIN team?
Click the APPLY button to submit resume, cover letter, and screening questions by October 26, 2021
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Indiana is an equal opportunity employer and at will employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, RMHC Central Indiana takes affirmation action to ensure that employees are treated equitably and fair during employment without regard to any of these characteristics.