Office Manager - Indianapolis Motor Speedway Museum
- 11-Oct-2021 to 31-Oct-2021
- - Indianapolis Motor Speedway Museum
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- In coordination with the President, provide support for all IMS Museum (IMSM) activities, including, but not limited to:
- Participate as needed on planning committees for IMSM fundraisers, Speakers Series events,historic and vintage automotive events, Cars & Coffee, the IMS Hall of Fame awards ceremony and dinner, and other future events.
- In coordination with the President, provide support for IMSM Board activities, including but not limited to:
- Coordinating board meetings and ensuring meeting space is secured and Zoom meetings are set up.
- Compiling documents for board packets and distributing packets prior to meetings.
- Taking minutes at quarterly board meetings and committee meetings as needed.
- Manage the President's schedule, book appointments and phone calls; answer and screen thePresident's phone calls; arrange and coordinate travel and reservations.
- Greet and assist scheduled and unscheduled visitors to the Executive office; answer the IMSM Executive office phone and ensure callers' requests for information are fulfilled.
- Serve as staff liaison to outside human resources company.
- Assist with staff onboarding.
- Work with accounting office to ensure payroll is correct.
- Train staff and managers on timekeeping system.
- Assist IMSM staff with clerical work, administrative and business details including and not limited to:
- Composing correspondence and relevant business copy.
- Create (where needed) and maintain filing systems for correspondence and events.
- Sort and route incoming and outgoing mail and other shipments.
- Serve on the IMS Hall of Fame Committee and prepare ballots and letters for the voters.
- Manage a variety of IMSM fundraising-related duties, such as:
- Process incoming applications for the IMSM License Plate program.
- Assist the President and Membership team in fundraising, sponsorship and membershipcampaigns.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or GED; minimum associates or equivalent degree preferred.
- Two years relevant office management experience, as well as accounting and/or human resources administration activity.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office products.
- Must be physically able to assist in moving or setting up Museum displays and preparations for special events.
- Must be willing to work some early mornings, evenings, and weekends for events, particularly during Indianapolis 500 activities.
- As a representative of one of the world's premier automotive and motorsports museums, must have enthusiasm and a commitment to the IMS Museum's vision, mission, values, and goals.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee tosuccessfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enableindividuals with disability to perform the essential functions.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume by Oct 31.