Director of Community Access & Engagement - 16 Tech
- 11-Oct-2021 to 10-Nov-2021
- - 16 Tech Community Corporation
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
16 Tech Community Corporation, Inc. is the 501c3 leading the physical and programmatic development of the 16 Tech Innovation District. 16 Tech is Indy's Innovation District, a 50-acre live-work-innovate community located in downtown Indianapolis is dedicated to world-changing innovation and economic opportunity.
16 Tech Community Corporation is focused on four distinct areas of work:
- Placemaking: Oversee the physical development of the district
- Marketing: Attract companies, teams, and talent
- Programming and culture: Curate services and programs to foster innovate and create an inclusive culture
- Community Initiatives: Engage with and contribute meaningfully to our neighboring communities
16 Tech Community Corp is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive work environment and to building a team that reflects the rich diversity of our community. People of color, people with disabilities, and people of diverse sexual orientations, gender expressions, and identities are encouraged to apply.
The Director of Community Access and Engagement is responsible for identifying and co-creating inclusive access to the 16 Tech Innovation District – including opportunities to engage with people, resources, and programs – from scientists to our makerspace to talent initiatives and events in our food hall.
The purpose of this position is to ensure residents of neighborhoods nearby the 16 Tech Innovation District participate in, benefit from, influence, and have opportunities to co-create the activities taking place in the District.
The Director of Community Access and Engagement will:
Make Investments: Support neighborhood initiatives through the 16 Tech Community Investment Fund
- Oversee the operation of the 16 Tech Community Investment Fund including managing the Advisory Committee and Community Investment Fund Assistant, identifying capacity building resources for grantees and prospective grantees, managing the budget, and bringing additional funding to support the Community Investment Fund.
Foster Engagement: Connect and convene neighbors and district employees to foster meaningful relationships and build social capital.
- Build and maintain relationships with 16 Tech Innovation District's primary assets for accelerating innovation and economic development to identify and inform opportunities that engage neighbors. Currently, these are 76Forward, Machyne, the AMP food hall, EMC2, as well as corporate tenants and industry anchors.
- Promote cross-culture, cross-sector networking (formal and informal) that puts neighbors and District staff, tenants, members, and other stakeholders in situations they can interact with, learn from, and build professional and personal relationships with one another.
- Actively participate and represent 16 Tech in inclusive economic development settings, conversations, and stakeholder groups.
- Actively participate in developing a diversity, equity, inclusion strategy for 16 Tech.
Elevate Talent: Align neighborhood residents' skills, competencies, and diversity with high quality employers' talent needs.
- Provide leadership and creativity to District innovation partners to ensure they engage neighbors in business incubation and acceleration via and in talent development initiatives.
- Envision, develop, and implement 16 Tech tenant and community programming that, in the least, promotes two-generational STEM learning, leverages Innovation District partners for programming, and promotes inclusive innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Promote 16 Tech Community Corporation's continued growth as a leader in inclusive innovation and STEM talent attraction.
- Lead fund development for 16 Tech workforce initiative including the hiring of a 16 Tech Talent Coordinator.
Inclusively Advocate: Promote neighbors' ideas and initiatives to improve equity and preserve neighborhood heritage, culture, affordability, and quality of life.
- Build relationships with neighbors and neighborhood organizations of every kind, consistently working to understand neighbors and their quality of life and creating access to 16 Tech Innovation District assets, spaces, and opportunities for inclusive innovation and economic growth.
- Continually assess and improve residents' access to and influence on the District's primary assets (innovation, social and programmatic assets).
- Actively promote neighbors' ideas and initiatives to improve their quality of life, economic standing, and resilience.
- Envision and oversee the work of the 16 Tech Street Team.
- Understands key drivers of innovation – a diversity of contributors and their ideas being one of these drivers – and how inclusive access to the 16 Tech Innovation District accelerates regional economic development.
- Has demonstrated experience in working with diverse populations/stakeholders and/or past experiences in working collaboratively in communities of color.
- Familiarity and knowledge of the Near West and Near Northwest neighborhoods of Indianapolis.
- Understands grant making and grant seeking and can actively participate in funds development.
- Has experience collecting, organizing, reporting outcome data.
- Proficiency or training in racial equity, DEI and/or cultural competency.
- Associate's or bachelor's degree preferred.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.