Volunteer Coordinator - Greater Indy Habitat for Humanity
- 20-Nov-2021 to 20-Jan-2022
- - Greater Indy Habitat for Humanity
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Who we are
Greater Indy Habitat for Humanity provides the life-changing opportunity of attainable homeownership to build strength, stability, and independence for local families. Since 1987 Greater Indy Habitat has provided more than 1,500 housing solutions locally and globally.
Staff, board, and volunteers at Greater Indy Habitat envision a world where everyone has a decent place to live. We provide a diverse and welcoming culture and atmosphere that is entrepreneurial and energetic, team-oriented, and mission-driven. If being in the helping business to solve the attainable housing crisis, while also working in an environment prioritizing people over problems is a culture you seek, then you may be a great fit for our team. This is an exciting time to be a part of Greater Indy Habitat as we embark on a new strategic framework to meet the growing need for attainable housing and the stability and resiliency it provides for local families and neighborhoods. Come join our Habitat or ReStore team and make a difference in your community!
The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for the engagement, scheduling and coordination of individuals, non-sponsoring groups, and day sponsors. The position coordinates all volunteer efforts up to the day of the volunteer experience. The position will work closely with the Associate Director of Volunteerism & Events, the Development department, and other departments for all volunteer opportunities.
The Volunteer Coordinator reports to the Associate Director of Volunteerism & Events.
- Act as the lead coordinator for individuals, non-sponsoring groups, and day and multi day sponsors.
- Create, update, and maintain the VolunteerHub software management system and act as the internal team lead.
- Work with the Director of Sponsorships and Associate Director of Volunteerism & Events Manager to manage the volunteer inquiry process.
- Create and offer best practices to each partner and their internal volunteer coordinators; included in this will be strategies on how to find, engage and communicate effectively to volunteers.
- Support the Associate Director of Volunteerism & Events in organizing and scheduling volunteers for events as well as serve as the point of contact for event day questions from volunteers.
- Act as the lead contact and liaison for the Habitat Young Professionals group.
- Prepare and send monthly volunteer call out for open volunteer days.
- Manage volunteer voicemail and email address.
- Track volunteer hours for individuals throughout the year.
- Communicate with all departments in need of volunteer support and incorporate volunteer-related messaging on communications calendar.
- Advocate and speak on behalf of Greater Indy Habitat at external opportunities and participate in sponsor activities as needed.
- Schedule day, multi-day and individual volunteers
- Owner of VolunteerHub
- Young Professionals
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to master VolunteerHub volunteer software.
- Ability to multitask with strong organization skills and meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and think strategically.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentations.
- Ability to compile and interpret comprehensive reporting.
- Ability to work both independently and with the team.
- Maintains regular, timely, and dependable attendance.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Basic knowledge of Raiser's Edge NXT donor software program a plus.
- Ability to safely and legally operate a motor vehicle.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, & CREDENTIALS
- At least 2 years of successful experience in development, event, volunteer coordination or project management required.
- Experience in customer service or event management a plus.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT TO PERFORM THIS JOB
- Utilize the telephone and communicate with others, inside and out of the office environment.
- Ability to be sedentary for extended periods of time.
- May involve some physical activity, ability to lift approximately 25 pounds.
- Manual dexterity and visual acuity for computer keyboarding, office equipment use, and detailed reports and information.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.