Grants and Communications Manager - Greater Indy Habitat for Humanity
- 20-Nov-2021 to 20-Jan-2022
- - Greater Indy Habitat for Humanity
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Who we are
Greater Indy Habitat for Humanity provides the life-changing opportunity of attainable homeownership to build strength, stability, and independence for local families. Since 1987 Greater Indy Habitat has provided more than 1,500 housing solutions locally and globally.
Staff, board, and volunteers at Greater Indy Habitat envision a world where everyone has a decent place to live. We provide a diverse and welcoming culture and atmosphere that is entrepreneurial and energetic, team-oriented, and mission-driven. If being in the helping business to solve the attainable housing crisis, while also working in an environment prioritizing people over problems is a culture you seek, then you may be a great fit for our team. This is an exciting time to be a part of Greater Indy Habitat as we embark on a new strategic framework to meet the growing need for attainable housing and the stability and resiliency it provides for local families and neighborhoods. Come join our Habitat or ReStore team and make a difference in your community!
The Grants & Communications Manager is responsible for the identification, writing, fulfillment, and tracking of all grants for Greater Indy Habitat. Working collaboratively with the Development Department and CEO, this position will collect, organize, and communicate affordable housing research and organizational stories to demonstrate Habitat's impact. This position will also support other advancement duties as necessary to secure resources.
· Acquire, manage, and report on grants including, but not limited to the following types of grants:
o Private foundations
o Corporate and community foundations such as the Central Indiana Community Foundation (CICF), IHCDA, Lilly Endowment, etc.
· Identify and research new funding opportunities related to foundation, corporate, and government sources.
· Oversee all facets of the grant application process from inception to fulfillment.
· Manage a grant calendar to track deadlines, build a pipeline, and report internally through Raiser's EdgeNXT donor database.
· Lead organization-wide research related to affordable housing on local, state, and national levels, and Habitat's impact in Greater Indy through homeownership, volunteerism, and more.
· Manage collection of organizational stories for internal and external use.
· Integrate research and organizational stories into marketing and development materials.
· Support Development Department in content creation and publication as needed.
· Organizational storytelling
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a focus on persuasive writing.
· Detailed and strong organization skills.
· Passion for the issue of affordable housing and ability to connect current events with organizational goals.
· Ability to compile and interpret comprehensive reporting.
· Ability to work under pressure, multitask and meet deadlines.
· Maturity and good judgment in relation to working with homeowners, volunteers, and other constituents.
· Demonstrated ability to solve problems and think strategically.
· Ability to work independently, as well as a team structure.
· Proficiency of using RENXT donor database a plus.
· Ability to work a flexible schedule.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
· Ability to safely and legally operate a motor vehicle.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, & CREDENTIALS
· Three years of experience in grant writing, administration, and/or management of the grant processes.
· Experience within the community development and affordablehousing nonprofit sector a plus.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT TO PERFORM THIS JOB
· Utilize the telephone and communicate with others, inside and out of the office environment.
· Ability to be sedentary for extended periods of time.
· May involve some physical activity, ability to lift approximately25 pounds.
· Manual dexterity and visual acuity for computer keyboarding, office equipment use, and detailed reports and information.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.