Executive Assistant - Indy Parks
- 03-Dec-2021 to 10-Dec-2022
- - Indy Parks
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- $30,000.00 - $35,000.00 Annually
- Full Time
Indy Parks and Recreation provides parks, greenspaces, trails, and recreation opportunities for Marion County residents and visitors. The agency offers 212 parks, 11,258 acres of greenspace, 130 playgrounds, 155 sports fields, 153 miles of trails, 23 recreation and nature centers, 20 aquatic centers, 23 splash pads, and four dog parks. Indy Parks also provides a range of sports, art, education, and recreation programs and more than 2,400 programs throughout the year. We proudly serve 8 million people annually and connect communities by providing places and experiences that inspire healthy living, social engagement, and a love of nature.
Position responsible for providing administrative support to Senior Staff. Act as a liaison between the Department, Elected Officials, Boards, Attorney and Constituents. The City of Indianapolis prioritizes and celebrates diversity, equity, and inclusion in all its forms. This position values diversity in perspectives and experiences among colleagues and the residents of this city whom they serve.
- Coordinates executive communications, including taking calls, responding to emails, and interfacing with Parks visitors, residents, Board members, City County Councilors, and various community stakeholders and organizations.
- Swiftly responds to inquiries by finding answers or directing to appropriate personnel. Is passionate about customer service and driven to find solutions, referring only the most complex issues to the next level.
- Develops and sustains a high level of professionalism among staff, stakeholders and residents.
- Assists Director in scheduling and administrative requirements. Schedules and maintains calendar of appointments, meetings, and travel itineraries, and coordinates related arrangements.
- Prepares, composes, and initiates correspondence, memoranda, presentation material, and reports for the Director.
- Manages, coordinates, and facilitates special projects, meetings, and events as requested by the Director and provides updates to the Director as requested.
- Prepares, compiles, and maintains compliance documents for assigned relevant standards of the National Accreditation Standards of the Commission for Accreditation of Park and Recreation Agencies (CAPRA).
- Acts as liaison among department groups, teams, staff, and the Director to communicate information as requested.
- Develops, generates and distributes special reports and findings related to various department administrative projects, research and analysis of nationwide trends and best practices related to the Parks and Recreation industry. Prepare internal and external corporate documents for team members. Prepare submittals for various awards programs.
- Maintains appropriate records, files, documentation, with regards to legal settlements, Board communications, stakeholder reports/communications, etc. Maintains an organized filing system of paper and electronic documents.
- Arranges corporate events to take place outside of the work place, such as staff appreciation events, staff training events, etc.
- Upholds a strict level of confidentiality in all matters.
Identifies and documents business needs and objectives in the current and/or future state relative to administration processes.
- Creates executive summaries and reports.
- As directed, provides support for other members of leadership team to meet and support initiatives and projects.
- Determines the need of administrative office supplies, equipment, and materials. Replaces or purchase new office supplies and equipment as needed. Plans and coordinates office supplies receiving, distributing, and storage.
- Prepares requisitions and submits to finance team for processing.
Organizes, implements work methods, and prioritizes workload to meet deadlines.
- Plans and coordinates administrative service activities regarding support services.
- Oversees the maintenance and alteration of administrative office areas and equipment, as well as layout, arrangement, and housekeeping of office facilities. Conducts investigations to determine comparative costs regarding office equipment.
- Identifies events, stakeholders, entities and people that are affecting (or being affected by) a situation at hand and establish a recommended course of action. Be able to anticipate the implications and consequences of a situation and prepare for possible contingency plans.
- Serves as Assistant Secretary to the Board of Parks and Recreation. In absence of Board Secretary, plans board proceedings, coordinates the scheduling, and attends meeting to provide administrative support.
- Prepares all agenda items and minutes and distributes as required. (OR Plans Board proceeding and, based on the number of participants and observes, coordinates the scheduling of the hearing. Attends the meeting to provide administrative support. Responsible for all required notices and postings. Prepares minutes from Board and distributes as required.)
- May serve on internal department committees.
- May manage an intern on occasion.
- Provide consultation and assistance regarding specific matters within identified area of expertise.
- Ensures compliance with organization policies and procedures as they relate to area of responsibility.
- This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
- High School diploma and/or GED and a minimum of five (5) years' related work experience OR an associate degree and at least three (3) years of related work experience is required. Effective in treatment of customers whether faces to face and/or telephonically in a professional and courteous manner. Knowledge of spreadsheet(s), database(s), and other software is required. Must be able to type, update and/or create reports, and spreadsheets as needed. Demonstrate creative ability when presented with unformatted projects and/or ideas. Must be able to communicate effectively both in oral and written formats.
Click the APPLY button to apply online by Dec 10.