Development Director - Happy Hollow Children’s Camp
- 13-Dec-2021 to 14-Jan-2022
- - Happy Hollow Children’s Camp
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Health insurance, Vacation/PTO
(Indianapolis and Nashville IN)
For more than 70 years, Happy Hollow Children's Camp has been creating experiences that inspire Indiana youth to reach their full potential as active, responsible, and caring members of our community through outdoor learning experiences. More than 40,000 economically disadvantaged and special needs children have been impacted by our overnight camps and outdoor educational programs. Children who face very difficult home lives or physical limitations have found new ways to overcome their circumstances with new life skills learned at Happy Hollow. Children who would never experience the wonder and excitement of the outdoors are able to have a life changing experience that will have a profound impact on their development into adulthood.
We are seeking a Development Director to lead fundraising activities required to fund our operations and outdoor learning experiences. More than 95% of the campers are at or below poverty level and their families pay only a modest fee for a week of summer camp, with Happy Hollow raising the balance of revenues through charitable grants and donations. The Development Director will strengthen and advance the mission of Happy Hollow by identifying, cultivating and stewarding donor relationships, and soliciting gifts.
Happy Hollow has developed and maintained strong relationships with other community organizations including Hear Indiana, Camp Kesem Indiana, Southport Presbyterian Church, numerous School Corporations throughout Indiana, and many local community youth serving agencies. Since 2000, individuals, foundations, and corporations, including the United Way of Central Indiana and Lilly Endowment, have invested over $2.2 million in capital funds for camp renovations and improvements, proving that the Indianapolis community still supports the ideals the founders of Happy Hollow worked so hard to implement.
The Development Director will exhibit passion, creativity, and energy for drawing donors into our mission and sustaining existing partnerships. He/she will create numerous, efficient, and compelling opportunities for donors to support our organization through experiences that are both satisfying and rewarding. This position reports to the Executive Director and assists with the day-to-day administration of Indianapolis office activities. Responsibilities include:
- Manage grant writing and identification of new grant opportunities
- Implement and execute annual fundraising plan to meet fundraising goals.
- Plan and execute fund raising events.
- Manage portfolio of donors.
- Prepare and present regular reports on progress towards fundraising goals.
- Generate donor communications, newsletters, and annual report.
- Maintain donor database
- Lead creation of print, digital and social media content.
- Create regular newsletters/campaigns (familiarity with Constant Contact helpful)
- Maintain HHCC Website and social media
- Bachelor's Degree in nonprofit management, communication, philanthropic studies or relevant field desired, significant experience could be substituted. Fundraising education or certification preferred.
- Knowledge of fundraising techniques and sources of funding
- Experience writing grants, grant research, and reporting on grants
- Experience managing donor databases
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects, set priorities, and meet deadlines
- Budgeting experience
This position works in the English Foundation building in downtown Indianapolis. Our camp is a short drive to south central Indiana between Bloomington and Columbus. The Happy Hollow staff work as a team so Indianapolis staff will pitch in on projects at camp as requested.
ATTENTION: Be Prepared - To assist you and the search committee in discerning your match for the position, we suggest you prepare your responses to these questions prior to hitting "APPLY" to make your application. Applications will not be considered without question responses.
- Briefly share why this position would be a great match for you.
- Please give an overview of your fundraising experience with individual and corporate donors.
- What experience do you have with grant writing and reporting?
- What fundraising event planning experience do you have? What has been your favorite event implementation experience?
- What fundraising technology have you found to be most helpful?
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.