Executive Director - Ben's Ranch Foundation
- 18-Dec-2021 to 15-Jan-2022
- - Ben's Ranch Foundation
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Ben's Ranch Foundation Inc. (BRF) is a charitable organization based in Central Indiana whose mission is to improve the outlook for teens struggling with mental health issues by connecting them with employment and related experiences on farms, ranches or at stables. There, separated from sources of stress and isolation, and exposed to animals, nature, and the outdoors, they can grow and improve.
BRF creates paid, part-time jobs ("internships") year-around for eligible teens on farms and ranches and at stables and equine therapy facilities. Because of the physical demands of work on a farm and the laws surrounding youth employment, this program serves teens age 16 to 19.
While growing the internship program remains a core priority, BRF is now working to develop small group programs for schools, churches and other sponsors. In the future, a residential program where teens who thrive in a local program or internship can live and work on a private farm or ranch for a summer or longer remains part of the long-term vision.
Today, BRF operates with no full-time employees and no office, relying heavily on volunteers, contractors and the founder serving as a part-time Executive and Board Chairman.
BRF has relied entirely on donations from individuals, grants, corporate gifts and sponsorships, event participation and participation fees to fund its operations. To grow and improve sustainability, the organization next must secure revenue by offering programs to organizations such as schools and state and federal programs which align with our mission.
To continue to transition from a start-up to a growing organization with much greater reach and impact, BRF seeks a visionary Executive Director possessing an entrepreneur's energy and a passion for our mission. This leader should possess strong development, marketing, organizational development and management capabilities.
Reporting to the Board, the Executive Director is responsible for facilitating the development of a strategic direction and executing those priorities by ensuring that resources are in place to accomplish important objectives, recruiting and retaining team members, keeping volunteers motivated, and building relationships with key partners, funders and referral sources.
Key Credentials and Personal Qualities
- Bachelor's degree required. Training in one of more of these disciplines ideal: Nonprofit management, development, mental health, social services, K-12 counseling or education, agriculture or marketing and communications.
- 5+ years of experience, preferably with a nonprofit or growth-oriented businesses.
- A significant personal network.
- Excellent communications, presentation and advocacy skills.
- A good sense of humor, unquestionable integrity, and an impeccable work ethic.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite software. CRM experience preferred.
- Facilitate the development of business and/or strategic plans and drive their implementation.
- Manage the organization's finances, budgeting, reporting and adherence to applicable laws, regulations, and standard accounting practices.
- Ensure the financial health and sustainability of the organization and strive to generate sufficient resources to meet current and projected program growth.
- Lead efforts to identify and cultivate corporate, individual and foundation supporters and sponsors.
- Cultivate excellent relationships with local media and maintain an active presence on social media platforms.
- Reach out to the community to present BRF, its vision and services through public presentations and by attending relevant events, conferences and gatherings.
- Support the recruitment of and develop an outstanding Board, reflecting the various stakeholders and skill sets necessary to foster the mission of the foundation.
- Be a constant and creative advocate for powerful partnerships and collaborations which will advance the mission, steward and leverage resources wisely, and increase impact.
Click the APPLY button by Jan15 for application instructions through our website.