Assistant Controller – Grants and Compliance - John Boner Neighborhood Centers
- 19-Dec-2021 to 17-Jan-2022
- - John Boner Neighborhood Centers
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
John Boner Neighborhood Centers (JBNC) is seeking an Assistant Controller – Grants and Compliance who will play a vital role in helping eligible community members access energy and rental assistance needs. You'll be providing accounting and administrative support to the John H. Boner Community Center while working under the supervision of the Chief Finance Officer (CFO). This support can include work supporting federal grant applications, applying knowledge of Uniform Guidance/other current compliance standards or policies, audit techniques, and more. You'll be utilizing your strong analytical skills to juggle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment and strengthen the Near Eastside of Indianapolis community.
This is a full-time, program and administrative manager position (25% WFH / 75% Onsite).
Here's what a day as the Assistant Controller – Grants and Compliance might look like:
- Performs grant oversite including grant reimbursements, spenddown projections, budgeting, and financial reports.
- Works with the CFO to maintain regular communications and relationships with grant funders and program directors for problem resolution and information gathering.
- Assist the CFO with the automated accounting network to ensure timely and accurate preparation of financial statements, payroll checks, accounts receivable and accounts payable, accurately adjusting journal entries and proper allocation of certain income and expenses to appropriate departments.
- Assist Program Directors with financial management of their Cost Centers. Helps identify problem areas in Center financial management and assist in development of resolutions.
- Ensure compliance with the Centers internal control system and fiscal policies and procedures.
- Facilitate and prepare for grant and financial audits, prepare grant status financial reports and analysis.
- Assist the CFO in the direction of the accounting staff and other duties as assigned.
You will thrive in this position if:
- You are a natural leader with a positive, team-focused attitude. We are looking for a proactive, independently driven assistant controller and people leader who loves working with people and leading teams.
- You are a data nerd. You have high attention to detail, are computer savvy, and enjoy managing data. In this role you'll be doing a great deal of time-sensitive data compiling and reporting for programs that are administered at a federal level and have set benchmarks and systems in place for data and reporting. If this role is for you, you take ownership of program data, can work with different data tracking systems, and have a personal commitment to creating a work culture of accuracy, confidentiality, and excellence.
- You value great customer service and excel at motivating others to be strong customer service professionals. You will assist in leading a team that will be working with community members who are coming to us during very difficult and stressful times in their lives. They are accessing programs and services that can be complex. You will be charged with creating a culture where JBNC provides excellent customer service and works patiently to help our community members understand programs, requirements, and individualized options for assistance.
- You truly enjoy helping and supporting people and staff. This is an important role in a dynamic work environment. Our programs are a service to the community to help make our community - and the lives of the people in it - better! It's important that you have a sincere passion to help others.
These are things we are looking for from our Assistant Controller – Grants and Compliance:
- Bachelors' degree in Accounting, Finance, or related area.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of federal grant experience and Uniform Guidance knowledge.
- Four (4) to six (6) years of experience in public accounting and/or a not-for-profit environment.
- Experienced in fund accounting and grants reporting.
- Experienced in not-for-profit accounting standards, policies, and procedures.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, advanced Excel skills.
- Experience with Abila MIP Fund Accounting software is a plus.
- Ability to manage workflow in a fast past paced environment.
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.