Regional Development Director – Remote - Saint Mary's College
- 03-Jan-2022 to 04-Feb-2022
- - Saint Mary's College
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES
The regional development director is responsible for the identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of assigned prospects with a gift capacity of $25,000+.
Works in partnership with the Executive Director Regional Development and Gift Planning to engagethe College's closest partners resulting in increased investment in the College.
Exercises supervision over support staff and volunteers as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Five years of fund raising experience strongly preferred.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must possess reliable organizational and relationship building skills.
- Must have strong work ethic and proven experience in achieving goals in prior positions.
- Must be committed to mission of the College.
- Skill in completing tasks with little to no direction.
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Effective major gifts fundraiser who has a convincing track record of building long term relationships with prospective donors preferably in higher education.
- Basic understanding of planned giving.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Implement the College's fundraising strategy as it relates to major gifts, including qualification, assessment, and cultivation of donors. Initiate and strengthen relationships with donors creating an individual plan for each. Use College resources, including Banner database and in-house research, to identify top prospects and solicit individuals capable of providing gifts of
$25,000 and greater.
- Extensive travel necessary to develop donor relationships across the country.
- Manage a personal portfolio of approximately 150 high-level major gift prospects.
- Set and meet both annual giving and major gift objectives for each of the 150 prospects under direct management.
- Implement qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship for each of the 150prospects under direct management.
- Involve assigned prospects in the mission and priorities of the College.
- Help to promote Saint Mary's gift planning program.
- Prepare materials for President and volunteers for high level engagement with key prospects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will be a
- Dynamic professional with direct major gifts experience, preferably in an independent school or highereducation setting.
- Sophisticated fundraiser with strong interpersonal skills able to communicate with passion the mission of Saint Mary's College.
- Strong writer with the ability to create and edit documents for prospective and current donors.
- Strategic thinker and a good listener who has demonstrated resourcefulness in working collaboratively with many constituencies.
- Successful and energetic individual experienced in recruiting and coordinating volunteers.
- Highly motivated representative of the College who is genuinely passionate about education and sincerely interested in others.
- An entrepreneurial individual with a good sense of humor.
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.