Manager of Development - Center for Leadership Development
- 04-Jan-2022 to 05-Feb-2022
- - Center for Leadership Development
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- $55,000 - $65,000
- Full Time
- Competitive benefits package
The Center for Leadership Development (CLD) is one of central Indiana's leading community-based organizations dedicated to empowering African American students to achieve their academic and career potential. We work with students and families to increase high school and post-secondary completion rates and to prepare youth to enter the workforce successfully and give back to their community. To learn more about CLD, visit our website at cldinc.org
The Manager of Development position will play a key role in helping CLD raise annual funds necessary to offer and expand our programs in central Indiana.
As a member of the Development Team, the Manager of Development is responsible for cultivating relationships with prospective and existing supporters. This position's key responsibilities include:
- Supporting the Director of Development's annual individual giving strategy
- Developing relationships with corporate sponsors and community partners
- Managing two critical annual events (Minority Achievers Awards and Scholarship Gala, and the Golf Outing) supported by corporate sponsorships and community partner revenue.
- Leading key individual donor campaigns to targeted audiences which include the families of CLD students, CLD alumni, and lapsed donors
- Helping the Development Department run smoothly and effectively
- Facilitating excellent donor experiences throughout the giving process
This position includes other general Development Department activities, such as donor communication and representing CLD at various community meetings, programs, and events.
The Manager of Development is a full-time position that is expected to work at CLD's main campus. The salary is commensurate with experience with a range of $55,000 to $65,000. This position also provides a competitive benefits package.
Minimum knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to perform the tasks and responsibilities of the position include:
- BA or BS degree with preference given to Philanthropic Studies, communication, marketing, or a related field
- 5 – 7 years' experience in Fund Development, including capital campaigns, annual fund drives, obtaining sponsorships for special events, and third party contributions
- Record of asking for and closing gifts
- Prior success at executing projects on time and in achieving results on schedule
- Strong organizational, communication, and written skills
- Skilled at building and maintaining long-term relationships with community stakeholders, prospects, alumni, and donors
- Strong work ethic
- Live the values of character, competence, accountability, stewardship, and results
- CLD Alumni are welcome to apply
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter, resume, and three professional references to Belinda Richardson.