Program Coordinator – Basic Needs - Foster Success
- 04-Jan-2022 to 21-Jan-2022
- - Foster Success
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- : $40,000
- Full Time
As part of the Foster Success team, the Coordinator - Basic Needs, advances the organization's mission by ensuring teens and young adults have access to a continuum of Health & Well-Being programs and resources as they transition out of foster care. The coordinator serves as the point of contact for young people seeking support & resource connections and works with the Assistant Director of Financial Empowerment Programs to ensure the smooth functioning of program operations and activities including financial empowerment programs, emergency fund administration, and basic needs assessments. This position will aid in the development and implementation of an intake process that assesses areas of need and assists young people in accessing appropriate support.
The Basic Needs Coordinator reports to the Assistant Director - Financial Empowerment Programs.
This position will begin full-time, in-office (based in Indianapolis), and will have an opportunity to become a hybrid position.
Foster Success is committed to improving the foster care system and ensuring that teens and young adults transitioning out of foster care are educated, housed, financially stable, employed, and connected to a support system by age 26. Our team accomplishes this through programs delivery, policy change, and partnership developments in the areas of K-12 & post-secondary education, workforce development, health & well-being, financial empowerment, housing stability, and youth engagement.
- Program Administration - Oversee the day-to-day operations of the financial empowerment program and the Foster Success Emergency Fund. Review applications, collect required documentation, and disburse funds in a timely and organized manner. Serve as a point of contact to collect and review all required application documents and verify eligibility for programs. Provide input on system and process improvement.
- Participant Support - Implement basic needs intake process and serve as a point of contact for young people seeking support through 1:1 referrals and connections to community resources in areas including but not limited to: Housing, Financial Support, Medical & Health Needs, Self-Advocacy, and Basic Needs (i.e. food, hygiene items, etc.). Empower young people in building long-term support networks.
- Payments - Process payments for Financial Empowerment programs, including online financial modules, Opportunity PassportTM, and Emergency Fund disbursements and stipends. Work with third-party vendors to ensure timely payments are made. Track bi-annual survey disbursements and troubleshoot payment issues. Track receipts and ensure organized record keeping.
- Data Tracking and Reporting - Support in the administration of bi-annual surveys for Opportunity PassportTM participants. Update files in the Salesforce data system on a daily basis. Provide support in the management of participant databases and keeping up-to-date information.
- Bachelor's degree and 1-2 years of experience in a related field.
- Demonstrated success in the areas of program implementation, evaluation, attention to detail, and process improvement.
- Experience working with young adults between the ages of 14-26 from diverse backgrounds and the ability to create inclusive environments for participants and partners.
- Proven creative problem-solving techniques, openness to change and desire for continual feedback, and an ability to adapt in a rapidly evolving environment.
- Ability to collaborate with program participants, colleagues, and stakeholders to identify and achieve shared goals.
- Ability to represent Foster Success with senior-level partners, agencies, and elected officials.
All Foster Success employees are required to:
- Display a strong commitment to the inclusion of all individuals in the workplace.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures outlined in Foster Success Employment agreements and the organizational Handbook, including all confidentiality requirements for all client information.
- Work a flexible schedule that includes some weekends and evenings to meet program goals.
- Hold a valid Driver's License and have access to a vehicle or the ability to rent a vehicle for work-related travel.
- Demonstrate proficiency in computer skills and experience with and knowledge of relevant software, particularly Salesforce, Zoom, Google, and Microsoft Products.
Click the APPLY button to apply online by Jan 21.