Site Director - DREAM Alive, Inc.
- 04-Jan-2022 to 05-Feb-2022
- - DREAM Alive, Inc.
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- $38k - $44k with yearly opportunities for raise & bonuses
- Full Time
- Generous Benefits Available
Mission: DREAM Alive (DA) helps break the cycle of poverty by helping vulnerable youth discover career paths and mentoring them from 7th grade until high school graduation.
About DA: DA is an Indianapolis based 501c3 nonprofit that has been serving vulnerable and underserved youth since 2001. Saying it another way, DA addresses racial and economic inequity for youth in Indianapolis, by helping them develop career paths and increasing their wealth opportunities. DA's 6-year continuum of programming and support is designed to help vulnerable youth develop a career path, develop soft skills, and develop a professional network before high school graduation. The combination of a high school degree, a clear career path, and large professional network, provides vulnerable youth a real opportunity to be the first in their family to break the cycle of poverty.
DA's programs and services have seen very encouraging measurable results since 2010. In these past 11 years we have seen a 100% high school graduation rate, with 96% of our youth on a career path (accepted to college, trade, or military), and 69% of our youth are accepted to college.
Position Overview: Our Site Directors are DREAM Alive's liaisons to each specific school and the individual students. Site Directors are primarily responsible for initiating and nurturing holistic life-on-life relationships with youth in each school, facilitating after-school sessions, working as a team player with the other staff, leading volunteers, and representing DREAM Alive at the school. The Site Directors implement our program and direct the program to achieve our goals and outcomes at each site. They are a blend of teacher, counselor, social worker, mentor, advocate and community liaison. However, their primary role is to direct our youth program at their designated school, leading volunteers and students. They spend hours inside and outside of the school day investing in the lives of these students, staff, teachers, and administrators. These Site Directors build relationships of trust while walking alongside each scholar to help them achieve their dreams.
The Site Director will work in coordination with staff and under the direction of the Program Director. Prior experience in counseling, social work, and working with vulnerable youth is required.*Ability to communicate in Spanish is a major benefit, but not required.
Location: DA has four current locations in Indianapolis: (1) Our office located at 7828 E 88th Street, (2) Harshman Magnet Middle School located at 1501 East 10th Street, (3) Arsenal Technical High School located at 1500 East Michigan Street, and (4) Arlington Community High School located at 4825 North Arlington Avenue. However, due to COVID nearly all of our staff work primarily from home and meet virtually.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build and develop positive mentor relationships with middle school youth
- Program Coordination and Day to Day Site Operations
- Facilitates and oversees the day to day operations and activities of the program
- Works with DA program staff and facilitate and nurture holistic relationships with students, teachers, teachers, community partners, and volunteers
- Ensures students', interns' and volunteers' safety by adhering to program policies
- Works collaboratively on the Youth Program with the Program Staff and follows the direction of the Program Director
- Maintains and track student records and a database of students' important information through our database
- Oversees students' behavior and incidents, and completes all necessary reporting in a timely manner
- Maintains open communication and a strong relationship staff and volunteers
- Keeps and manages schedule with integrity
- A passion to serve underserved youth populations, and a passion for racial reconciliation & racial justice
- Strong ability to develop and grow relationships with youth
- Entrepreneur / Ownership mentality
- Highly skilled at communication
- Relationship driven
- Ability to form and manage relationships well
- Works in a team very well
- Flexibility, we are in youth work which is the business of relationships!
- Willingness to work occasionally unique hours as work is not always an 8am – 6pm proposition.
- Teachability & Humility is a must
- Undergraduate Degree is required
- 2-4 years in communications, nonprofit, operations, youth or volunteer work desired
- Ability to communicate in Spanish is a major benefit, but not required.
- $38k - $44k Salary & Benefits with yearly opportunities for raise & bonuses
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 4 Weeks of PTO (Designated and Flexible) plus 13 Holidays
- Flexible work environment
- Cell Phone and Internet Reimbursement
- Matching 401k plan
- Flexible work schedule
- Professional Development Time (opportunities to pursue continued education)
- Opportunities for future leadership
- Professional networking opportunities with 66 local and national companies
Click the APPLY button to apply online.