Accounting Manager - Poor Handmaids of Jesus Christ
- 04-Jan-2022 to 30-Jan-2022
- - Poor Handmaids of Jesus Christ
- Donaldson, IN, USA
- $61,500- $70,000
- Full Time
- Generous Benefits Available
Job Summary: Responsible for Accounting Management work for several PHJC Ministries. Ensures the accuracy of entries to ledger accounts and reconciles subsidiary ledger accounts to the general ledger. Maintains financial records and ensures that financial transactions are properly recorded. Some work will involve working in collaboration with other PHJC Ministry financial managers.
- Responsible for safeguarding confidential information, including security of computer programs, equipment, and related materials.
- Manages and processes accounts payable invoices insuring timely payment and accurate coding.
- Codes fixed assets according to Capital Budget.
- Manages and maintains bank reconciliations and petty cash management insuring they reconcile with the general ledger
- Assists Controller in preparation of materials for annual audit and reviews with all auditing firms.
- Prepares entries and posts them for month-end close.
- Ensures assigned accounts reconcile to subsystems and/or supporting documentation
- Prepares special reports when requested.
- Prepares materials for annual audit and reviews with all auditing firms.
- Special projects as needed.
- Responsible for providing support/information to all visitors. Visitors include Sisters, Maria Center residents, coworkers, ministry directors/executives, and department supervisors. Responses will be respectful, knowledgeable, timely, and professional.
- Prepares federal and state tax returns and other regulatory filings. This may include 1099, 990, 990T, sales tax, and property tax.
- Special projects as needed. Some examples would include assisting annual insurance policy renewals, PHJC Medicare and social security support, or PHJC Ministry analysis.
- May be responsible for processing daily deposits, accounts payable and payroll.
- Maintain current knowledge of workflow trends for finance departments to proactively suggest possible process improvement.
Education and/or Experience:
- Graduate of a business school, college or university with a degree in Accounting plus work experience in data processing.
- Must have a minimum of five years experience in finance department responsibilities, preferably in a not-for-profit organization.
- Experience should include accounts payable, receivables, general ledger, payroll and auditing.
On-the-Job Training/Orientation Required:
- Completion of new Co-worker orientation
- Completion of PHJC Leadership Orientation
- Proficient skills in word processing, database entry, spreadsheets, and accounting software are required.
- Proficient skills in e-mail and Internet are required.
- Ability to present information one-on-one and in small groups effectively.
- Ability to work well with others as a member of a team.
- Ability to relate to others on a continuous basis
- Position requires excellent reasoning, math and language skills as well as written and verbal communication skills.
- Position requires the ability to make occasional independent judgments.
· Inside environmental conditions.
· Much computer work which involves sitting 90% of the time.
· Can become stressful at times due to deadlines.
- Position requires continuous sitting as well as occasional standing, walking, bending, reaching, crouching and kneeling.
- Position requires occasional lifting of up to 10 lbs.
- Position requires good visual acuity.
- Ability to relate to others on a continuous basis is required.
- Ability to work closely with the Sisters'.
- Must possess excellent reasoning, math and language skills as well as written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to make independent judgments.
Salary & Benefits (optional):
Click the APPLY button to apply online by Jan 30.