Vice President & Chief Development Officer - Herron Classical Schools
- 04-Jan-2022 to 05-Feb-2022
- - Herron Classical Schools
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Compensation negotiable depending on experience.
- Full Time
- Full-time benefits include health, dental, vision & life insurance; health savings account contributions, short-term & long-term disability, retirement contributions, paid time off.
The Vice President and Chief Development Officer strategically leads the network's philanthropic efforts through the cultivation of relationships with those who have a shared passion for supporting Herron Classical Schools, the surrounding neighborhoods and quality education in general. The Vice President & Chief Development Officer reports to the President.
Specific objectives and responsibilities of the position include:
- Develops and implements strategy for the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of potential major donors to support the networks strategic growth strategy.
- Implements and manages fundraising activities including for major gifts and special projects.
- Coordinates regular cultivation activities with potential donors and includes board members and President and other senior leadership staff as appropriate.
- Represents Herron Classical Schools at community events as cultivation of potential donors.
- Oversees the recruitment and training of a core group of volunteers to assist with fundraising efforts.
- Works with the Board of Directors and the President to develop strategies and systems to initiate and meet aggressive fundraising goals.
- Manages all strategies and activities for donor cultivation, solicitation, and relations.
- Coordinates development research activities.
- Develops and maintains ongoing stewardship system for local businesses and corporations to expand their partnerships with Herron Classical Schools.
- Oversees the daily operations of the development office including the fundraising database and prospect management systems along with the pledge reminders and gift acknowledgements.
- Generates reports from fundraising database and prospect management system to assist President and Board of Directors with the donor cultivation, solicitation and relations.
- Works in conjunction with the President to:
- Develop an overall grant writing strategy.
- Maintain a grant calendar to track opportunities, proposal and report deadlines.
- Attends all board meeting and prepares development reports to the Board and other agencies.
- Informs the President of emerging issues as it relates to the Herron Classical Schools.
- Attends scheduled faculty meetings, professional development meetings and other sessions as determined by the President.
- Attends evening events that include but may not be limited to Parent Orientation, Meet the Teacher Night, Parent/Teacher Conferences and Open Houses. The dates of these events are listed on the Master Calendar.
- Collaboratively works with senior leadership to support the policies, guidelines, and working procedures for Herron Classical Schools.
- Adheres to professional and ethical standards and professional growth throughout the year.
- Performs other duties as determined necessary by the President.
- An assignment of 260 days with vacation as approved by the President.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university is required. A Master's Degree or related professional accreditation or designation (e.g. CFRE, CFRM, etc) is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years professional fundraising experience, including planning and executing capital campaigns and major gifts programs.
- Proven ability to develop and manage relationships with volunteer leadership and major donors/prospects.
- Previous experience with campaign counsel and familiarity with feasibility studies.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products.
- Experience with fundraising software, specifically Salesforce.
- Proven decision-making ability.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Public relations experience is also a plus.
- Familiarity of charter schools and/or Herron-Morton and Riverside neighborhoods is preferred.
- Commitment to the values and mission of Herron Classical Schools.
Click the APPLY button for application instructions through our website.