Unit Director - Boys & Girls Club of Boone County
- 04-Jan-2022 to 21-Jan-2022
- - Boys & Girls Club of Boone County
- Zionsville, IN, USA
- Competitive salary
- Full Time
- 2 weeks vacation, major medical, dental &vison coverage, sick time, family leave policy, holiday time, 401K retirement plan
Directs and manages overall daily operations of a branch/unit under the control of the organization with the primary concern for a comprehensive, outcome-driven program and service delivery, supervision and training of staff (direct and indirect reports), personnel issues, drive a bus, management of a facility, develop and manage a budget, actively engage and support assigned Board Committees, parent relations, community relations, volunteers, and membership administration.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
- Establish Unit programs, activities and services that prepare youth for success and that create a club environment that facilitates achievement of Youth Development Outcomes.
- Ensure a healthy and safe environment; ensuring facilities, equipment and supplies are maintained.
- Provide continuous training, support and guidance for Youth Development Professionals within the organization
- Plan, develop, implement, and evaluate Unit overall programs, services and activities to ensure they meet stated objectives and member needs and interests. Compile regular reports reflecting all activities, attendance, and participation. Support goals and objectives of Board strategic pillars
- Manage Unit financial resources assisting in the development of annual budgets. Control expenditures against budget.
- Ensure administrative and operational systems are in place to maintain the operation of the physical properties and equipment of the Club, including use of facilities by outside groups. Ensure compliance with organization policies.
- Recruit, manage and provide career development opportunities for Unit staff and volunteers. Conduct staff meetings on regular basis as compliant with needs of training.
- Develop partnerships with parents, community leaders and organizations.
Marketing and Public Relations
- Develop and maintain public relations to increase the visibility of programs, services and activities within the Club and the community.
- Purchase or approve purchase of supplies and equipment.
- Work with staff on special events to carry out programs in all departments.
- Exercise authority in problems relating to members; utilize guidance and discipline plan.
- Drive bus to transport members daily to and from school and transport on field trips and camps.
- Assume other duties as assigned.
Internal: Maintains close, daily contact with Club professional staff to interpret and explain organizational mission, program objectives and standards, discuss issues, and provide/receive information. Has regular contact with members as needed to discipline, guide, advise, and counsel.
External: Maintains contact with external community groups, schools, members' parents, businesses, and others to assist in resolving problems, promoting Club and members' needs, and to publicize Club.
- Four-year degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of three years work experience in a Boys & Girls Club or similar organization planning and supervising activities based on the developmental needs of young people, or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated ability in personnel supervision, facilities management, and the recruitment and retention of key personnel.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to recruit, train, supervise, and motivate staff.
- Ability to deal effectively with members including discipline problems.
- Working knowledge of budget preparation, control and management.
- Demonstrated ability in working with young people, parents, and community leaders.
- Ability to secure CDL drivers license and drive bus
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: physically and mentally able to perform essential functions, possess sufficient physical strength and energies required to effectively engage in activities with children and support and sustain the physical environment.
Ability to perform gross and fine motor activities required for daily office work, such as typing, writing, telephone usage, computer keyboards, fax machine buttons, etc.
- Ability to work in a professional environment and positively represent organization under various levels of stress.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and prioritize effectively.
- Visual acuity for accurate reading, typing, filing and use of computer screen.
- Ability to work at a rapid pace, with frequent interruptions and changes in plans or deadlines may occur.
- Hearing needed for purposes of business-related communications, etc.
- Ability to regularly lift, carry, push, pull up to 20 lbs.
- Ability to handle hazardous/infectious waste; work where chemicals are used for cleaning; work where environmental dust, mist, and/or steam are occasionally present.
- Must have satisfactory driving record, valid driver's license, reliable transportation and liability insurance for operation of a motor vehicle relevant to carrying out duties of position and to be covered under company insurance the requirement is for the employee to be a minimum of age 21.
- Must be able to pass CDL testing and obtain a CDL licensure within three (3) of job acceptance.
- Must be able to pass any and all required background screens and drug screens at any time of employment.
- Must be able to obtain CPR and First Aid certifications.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume by Jan 21.