Member Engagement & Marketing Coordinator - Indiana Hospital Association
- 04-Jan-2022 to 05-Feb-2022
- - Indiana Hospital Association
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- competitive salary
- Full Time
- outstanding benefits and a fun, dynamic work environment
The Indiana Hospital Association (IHA) is a nonprofit organization that serves as the professional trade association for more than 170 Hoosier hospitals. IHA's mission is to provide leadership, representation, and services in the common best interests of its members as they promote the improvement of community health status. IHA's primary responsibility is to represent the interests of hospitals in matters of public policy. IHA also provides members with education, patient safety, communications, and data analytics services.
Position Summary: IHA is seeking a highly motivated, customer-friendly, and detail- oriented applicant for the position of member engagement and marketing coordinator. This role is responsible for growing and deepening connections within the IHA membership by implementing marketing tactics and insights in support of IHA's mission, vision, and strategic plan. This individual will work closely with the member engagement team to facilitate accurate and timely member communications, deepen the reach and breadth of IHA's reach within member organizations, serve as a reliable resource for member inquiries, and strengthen relationships with members and key partners.
Essential functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist with the development and monitoring of member engagement metrics, including new member onboarding process
- Track internal IHA staff assignments and progress with onboarding of new members
- Guide members, endorsed business partners, and sponsors through the onboarding process and related access points
- Coordinate distribution of surveys relative to member engagement
- Assist with member-related research projects
- Build and manage event registration portals for larger IHA events (Cvent).
- Respond to event inquiries received by members and sponsors
- Attend IHA educational programs and assist with onsite logistics
- Create event promotional flyers for educational webinars and events
- Oversee virtual events, manage registration/inquiries
- Draft event scripting for all IHA member events
- Manage 44 IHA district meetings annually (setting dates/locations/attending/sending pre- and post- comms)
- Manage IHA's District Calendar and Master Calendar associated with meetings and events
- Assist with marketing and communication tactics
- Contribute to improvements in processes related to delivery of all types of member services and communication
- Manage weekly digital newsletter, edit content, and distribute to members
- Management of annual member directory production
- Manage quarterly endorsed business partner content collection and custom content based on needs of partners
- Facilitate regular marketing outreach/touches on behalf of endorsed business partners and corporate sponsors
- Work with Business Analyst – Member Insights to audit IHAconnect.org website registrations and permissions based on membership or partner status
- Develop and coordinate marketing materials in support of IHA service lines, including Business Intelligence and Patient Safety and Quality.
- Coordinate appropriate member services related website updates
- Coordinate IHASolutions.com updates
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (business administration, healthcare administration, health care or related field desirable) required
- Three to six years (combination of education and work experience) in a hospital, health care, communications, or closely related setting
- Experience assisting with large meeting coordination
Requirements: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Good problem-solving skills and the ability to make independent decisions when appropriate
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communications skills
- Must be organized, efficient, and resourceful
- Ability to set priorities and handle multiple, sometimes competing, tasks and projects
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software
- Basic MailChimp, SurveyMonkey knowledge
- Cvent and Zoom experience preferred
- Ability to project a positive and professional image at all times, in person, via email correspondence, and on the phone
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Normal office environment
- The noise level in the environment is moderate.
- Travel is limited.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbent will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by his or her supervisor.
IHA is an EOE.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.