Program Coordinator – Youth Engagement - Foster Success
- 04-Jan-2022 to 21-Jan-2022
- - Foster Success
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
As part of the Foster Success team, the Coordinator - Youth Engagement advances the organization's mission by ensuring teens and young adults have access to a continuum of Foster Success programs and resources. The coordinator serves as the primary point of contact for Indiana's NYTD (National Youth in Transition Database) survey completion efforts. The NYTD Survey is completed by young people who are transitioning out of foster care at ages 17, 19, and 21 to measure outcomes such as financial self-sufficiency, experience with homelessness, educational attainment, positive connections with adults, high-risk behavior, and access to health insurance. The data provided through this survey is critical to shaping the services and supports available to young people as they transition out of foster care and begin to live independently. This position works with the Director of Youth Engagement to ensure the smooth functioning of program operations and activities which includes youth engagement events, partnering with service providers, and administering the statewide NYTD survey.
Reports to the Director of Youth Engagement.
This position may be remote anywhere within the state of Indiana. Frequent travel to the Indianapolis office will be required and this position will travel to various locations within Indiana roughly 50% of the time.
Foster Success is committed to improving the foster care system and ensuring that teens and young adults transitioning out of foster care are educated, housed, financially stable, employed, and connected to a support system by age 26. Our team accomplishes this through programs delivery, policy change, and partnership developments in the areas of K-12 & post-secondary education, workforce development, health & well-being, financial empowerment, housing stability, and youth engagement.
- Youth Support and Program Administration - Serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external partners regarding the Indiana NYTD Survey administration. Develop and execute youth-focused events and activities to increase NYTD survey visibility and continued youth engagement. Partner with other Foster Success programs and external partners. Oversee the NYTD Ambassador program, which relies on peer leadership to engage young people in the NYTD survey and ensure they have access to resources and support. Develop creative strategies for outreach to those not engaged in Foster Success programs.
- Outreach and Awareness - Create and maintain relationships with appropriate contacts in partner organizations to ensure continued engagement with youth people. Work with the Indiana Department of Child Services, Older Youth Service Providers, and other older foster youth-focused organizations. Attend and present at DCS trainings, partner events, etc., as needed.
- Data Tracking and Reporting - Use the Foster Success Salesforce data system to track program engagement and survey administration. Support in the management of participant databases and maintain up-to-date contact information. Assist the Director of Youth Engagement in completing annual reports and meeting survey completion rates outlined by the state of Indiana and Federal Government.
- Bachelor's degree and 1-2 years of experience in related experience.
- Demonstrated success in the areas of program implementation, evaluation, and process improvement.
- Experience working with young adults between the ages of 14-26 from diverse backgrounds and the ability to create inclusive environments for both participants and partners.
- Proven creative problem-solving techniques, openness to change and desire for continual feedback, and an ability to adapt in a rapidly evolving environment
- Ability to partner with program participants, colleagues, and stakeholders to identify and achieve shared goals.
- Ability to represent Foster Success with senior-level partners, agencies, and elected officials.
All Foster Success employees are required to:
- Display a strong commitment to the inclusion of all individuals in the workplace.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures outlined in Foster Success Employment agreements and the organizational Handbook, including all confidentiality requirements for all client information.
- Work a flexible schedule that includes some weekends and evenings to meet program goals.
- Hold a valid Driver's License and have access to a vehicle or the ability to rent a vehicle for work-related travel.
- Demonstrate proficiency in computer skills and experience with and knowledge of relevant software, particularly Salesforce, Zoom, Google, and Microsoft Products.
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.