Director - Grassroots Capacity Building - Community Solutions
- 10-Jan-2022 to 14-Feb-2022
- - Community Solutions
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Community Solutions (communitysolutionsinc.net) is a powerful community development and public health consulting firm that impacts diverse communities such as neighborhoods, public systems, human service organizations, and foundations - to name a few. Our influence lies not in bricks and mortar, but in people, programs, organizations, and systems. We understand that any community can only reach their goals when its members have the tools, resources, strategies, and partnerships in place to allow them to be nimble, be bold, and be excellent. Community Solutions combines the unique talents of individuals from a wide range of backgrounds: public health, evaluation, fund development, public policy, social work, and non-profit management to achieve results for the people we serve.
Our team members come together with the common commitment to help organizations that serve diverse communities strengthen their work through organizational development, authentic engagement, and collaborative problem solving. We delight in the dual directional learning that occurs between our team and the communities with which we work.
We specialize in:
• Program/Organizational Development
• Project Management
• Strategic Planning
• Fund Development/Grant Writing
Our Culture and Values
Community Solutions brings together individuals that each have significant expertise and experience to work collaboratively to serve our clients. While all projects have a "lead staff person", the work is shared among multiple team members. At Community Solutions, we know that we work better when we are all contributing as thought partners and collaborators. We aim to maintain a culture of mutual respect and understanding, autonomy, accountability, and growth. We consider each team member a piece of the Community Solutions puzzle and value their unique perspective and contribution to the work.
We hold space for all values, ideas, and beliefs. We hold each other accountable to meet deadlines (both internal and external) with high quality products and services. Finally, we are committed to learning and growth at Community Solutions, both at the individual and organizational level, which will make us better consultants, community members, and people.
Our team values:
- Equity and Anti-racism
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Community Solutions strongly encourages people from underrepresented groups to apply. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We are seeking a senior-level candidate that possesses the following skills/qualifications:
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to create and manage work plans.
- Proven expertise/experience working with diverse populations, informal leaders, grassroots community organizations.
- Authentic respect for grassroots level work and ability to come into a community and work alongside small organizations, grassroots leaders.
- Ability to effectively coordinate the work of a diverse team of contractors and staff who are engaged in multiple components of a program in person and remotely.
- Ability to manage a grant making process from release of RFP to grant award to reporting.
- History of supporting an organization to strengthen their governance and administrative capacity.
- Critical and creative thinking to be able to contribute to the design and implementation of projects.
- Skilled at using virtual platforms, communication structures.
- Ability to effectively work within a team structure – either as a team lead or team member to develop and execute projects that require a collaborative approach.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize projects. The ability to manage a complex work plan and prioritize tasks is critical.
- Self-disciplined with a strong work ethic. This position must be proactive within the team to move work forward and strive for high-quality products and outcomes.
- Strong facilitation skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to adapt in the moment. Our clients come from dynamic, ever-changing environments and we must be able to be flexible to meet their needs.
- Minimum of 5 years demonstrated experience in organizational development, strategic planning, project management or related area.
Community Solutions does not currently offer health benefits, though we are evaluating options for 2022. Currently, we provide the following benefits:
- Four-day work week (Monday-Thursday)
- 28 PTO days per calendar year (includes holidays, sick, personal, and vacation time)
- Voluntary retirement plan with 3% company match and no vesting period
- $500 annual professional development stipend
Click the APPLY button to submit your cover letter and resume to April Angermeier by Feb 14, 2022.