Grant Accountant - Indianapolis Public Schools
- 10-Jan-2022 to 11-Feb-2022
- - Indianapolis Public Schools
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- $50,000-60,000 per year
- Full Time
The largest public school district in Indiana, Indianapolis Public Schools (IPS) is an agile, innovative educational organization committed to academic excellence built through individualized, relationship-based learning. We empower our students to think critically, creatively and responsibly, to embrace diversity and pursue their dreams with purpose. Though we cover 80 square miles, employ over 5,000 people, and serve over 30,000 students, we are committed to serving individual students with what they need.
Mission: IPS empowers and educates all students to think critically, creatively, and responsibly, to embrace diversity, and to pursue their dreams with purpose.
Vision: IPS is a family of excellent public schools in which every student has the opportunity to succeed and the power to create their own future.
Working closely with school principals, academic team member, departmental managers, and finance team this position will provide planning and analysis for the development, implementation, and monitoring of Indianapolis Public Schools grants. This individual will be responsible for supporting grants management by completing various tasks such as grant reporting, budgeting, financial analysis, and general ledger maintenance. This individual should be a self-starter with the ability to prioritize and execute multiple tasks and projects and provide exemplary customer service to grant administrators.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but not limited to, the following:
- Supports the Finance department by performing tasks related to grant reporting, budgeting, financial analysis, and general ledger maintenance.
- Works with Grant Administrators through the budget development process to ensure all Federal, State and Local regulations are followed.
- Preparation, processing, and monitoring of receipts and disbursements, and claims for reimbursement for federal, state, and local funding grants for numerous programs.
- Collaborate with Finance, Strategy, Academics, Financial Operations, and other teams on all key initiatives.
- Assists with preparation of annual or semiannual regulatory financial reports including Form 9 and Schedule of Expenditures of Financial Awards (SEFA).
- Coordinates district travel arrangements manages hotel reservations and airline accommodations. Monitors use and compliance of purchasing cards, reconciles, and settles account balance.
- Works closely with Purchasing Department concerning permissible expenditures, year restrictions and deadlines; must be able to track and document all expenditures from inception to completion for project managers and auditors.
- Must be able to provide district-wide accounting guidance including policy management and training.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The individual must understand budget development, general ledger accounting and GAAP accounting. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
Two to Five years' experience with progressive responsibility in a financial accounting environment. Bachelor's Degree with a concentration in Accounting or Finance is required. Proficiency with MS Excel required. Familiarity with MUNIS ERP and experience with SQL reporting preferred.
Ability to write routine reports, procedural documents, and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The physical demands described here are representative of those in an office environment. Maximum lifting requirement would be approximately 30 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The essential functions of this job are performed in an office environment.
Click the APPLY button to apply online.