Development Director – Morning Light
- 10-Jan-2022 to 11-Feb-2022
- - Morning Light, Inc.
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The Development Director at Morning Light is responsible for planning and implementing short, medium, and long-range fundraising goals to meet both the current and future strategic priorities of Morning Light.
Mission: Morning Light fosters non-profit, community services and programs in central Indiana for the terminally ill, seniors, and families of limited means in need of health, wellness or end of life care.
Vision: Morning Light seeks to be a recognized leader in operating and supporting select health and wellness services for the underserved population of central Indiana.
- 5+ years experience in all phases of development; with emphasis on cultivating, soliciting and securing gifts of $7,500+
- Experience in grant writing and reporting
- Experience with successful capital/endowment campaigns
- Good communication skills and a positive attitude to promote Morning Light's mission
- Ability to multi task and work independently
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develop, present and execute Morning Light's annual development plan in coordination with the Executive Director and the Morning Light Board
- With the Executive Director, design and implement the annual campaign, achieving stated annual revenue goals in conjunction with capital/endowment plan
- Assess, report on, and implement strategy based on donor data
- Conduct 3-4 in-person donor and prospect meetings a week where the relationship is moved toward a larger giving amount and deeper engagement with Morning Light, including identifying and securing planned gifts
- Manage a portfolio of donors and prospects across all revenue sources - corporate, individual and foundation donors - with emphasis on securing gifts of $7,500 or more
- Create and manage new giving society for $10,000+ donors
- Manage all aspects of grant process including writing applications, reports and ensuring compliance
- Assist in the planning and implementation of donor cultivation and stewardship events, including the organization's annual gala
- Collaborates with development team on donor communication including direct mail and social media
- Engage donors, prospects and key stakeholders in Strategic Engagement Opportunities
- Collaborate with administrator on database entry and maintenance, ensuring gifts and corresponding data are entered correctly; run reports to track fundraising progress to goals
- Evaluate and/or create gift acceptance and other developmental policies
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.