Director of Development - Ivy Tech Community College - Hamilton County Campus
- 10-Jan-2022 to 11-Feb-2022
- - Ivy Tech Community College
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Excellent benefits
- Full Time
Position Summary: Performs specific duties related to Major Gifts Campaigns for the Office of Development.
GENERAL PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF THE POSITION:
- The Director of Development is responsible directly to the Executive Director of Development - Indianapolis with indirect reporting to the Campus Chancellor for developing, implementing, and evaluating a comprehensive set of strategies to convert prospects into donors and to encourage continued and increased giving by current donors to meet the strategic goals of the institution.
- The Director of Development will provide leadership that aligns with the College's core values and implements strategies in order to meet the needs of a diverse community and student body on campus. This position promotes diversity, integrity, community engagement, innovation, and excellence; is accountable to perform statewide responsibilities to maintain consistent statewide curricula, policies, and practices. This position will work closely alongside the Executive Director of Development – Indianapolis and with appropriate Systems Office leadership to establish strategies coordinated with statewide efforts in key areas of focus.
- Solicits individuals, corporations, foundations, and organizations for annual, major ($10,000 or greater), and planned gifts towards annually determined goals to meet the strategic priorities of the campus and College.
- Coordinates and executes the advancement of relationships with prospective donors through appropriate stages of the donor cycle (identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship).
- Collaborates with academic partners and the grants department in the Foundation Office (Systems Office) to identify and submit grants proposals to support College initiatives.
- Develops and implements fundraising programs, activities, and budgets to increase resources for campus (and/or site) priorities.
- Creates methods to involve campus staff in development efforts.
- Coordinates contact and solicitation of multi-campus and statewide donors with appropriate staff from Foundation Office and other affected campuses and/or sites.
DEVELOPMENT PLANNING AND ADMINISTRATION
- Ensures effective records maintenance, including recording new proposals and tracking their status and recording contact reports in a timely manner, using the Foundation's prospect management system.
- Manages and supports scholarship administration including developing and submitting an annual scholarship budget, as well as serving as a liaison between Development and Financial Aid.
- Plans a comprehensive calendar of development events, communications, stewardship, programs and solicitations to tie in with campus goals and needs, and coordinate with overall statewide
- Serves as liaison between the campus (and/or site) and Foundation Office staff for coordinated projects, reports, guidelines, and development procedures.
STEWARDSHIP AND ALUMNI AND DONOR RELATIONS
• Provides stewardship of gifts including acknowledgement process, coordinating recognition events, dedications, scholarship donor recognition/communication, and working with the Foundation Office on appropriate recognition.
• Assists in the development and execution of alumni engagement event, programs, and strategies.
COMMUNITY OUTREACH AND BOARD/COUNCIL RELATIONS
- Builds partnerships with community groups, employers, customized training clients, foundations and individuals to further the mission of the College and bring in resources to support students, faculty, and programs.
- Engages Foundation Board of Directors, Campus Board of Trustees, and other local campus boards or councils as active members in the development process and encourage their own philanthropic support of the College.
- Represents the College at community events and through community organizations in order to identify new avenues of additional philanthropic support for the College.
- Assures assessment of functional area needs, investigates and develops alternative strategies, establishes priorities and goals, recommends implementation activities, and evaluates progress.
- Oversees the functional are budget and determines priorities for expenditures.
- Develops and supports the Campus culture of team collaboration and commitment to delivering high quality services and outcomes, by being student- and employee-centered.
- Implements the College strategic plan across the campus service area.
- Creates and maintains an environment where planning, development, and delivery of services for students occur in a creative and effective manner that fosters cultural and global awareness.
- This is not to be construed as an exhaustive list. Other duties logically associated with this position may be assigned. All responsibilities will be conducted within the parameters of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), other applicable regulatory requirements, and professional standards.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Two years of progressive fundraising or similar experience, preferably in higher education.
- Working knowledge of principles of philanthropy and fundraising, including annual and major gift campaigns, special events, and planned giving.
- Self-starter with excellent planning, execution, and evaluation skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with a variety of constituents.
- Results-oriented team player with proven track record of accomplishing goals.
- Capability to build partnerships with internal and external groups for the overall success of the organization.
- High ethical standards for fundraising and donor relations.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise confidentiality with information and financial transactions.
- Willingness and ability to travel with some evening and weekend work.
- Ability to promote an inclusive environment that reflects the broad diversity and backgrounds represented by our students and employees and which every individual feels respected and valued.
Click the APPLY button to apply online.