Associate Director of Events & Marketing (Part-time) - Laurel Hall/Phi Psi Foundation
- 10-Jan-2022 to 11-Feb-2022
- - Phi Kappa Psi Foundation
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Part Time
Are you looking to work at one of the most popular event venues in Indianapolis? Laurel Hall (www.laurel-hall.org) and the Phi Psi Foundation is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic individual to serve as the organization's Associate Director of Events & Marketing.
The Associate Director of Events & Marketing is a part-time position responsible for supporting the marketing, rental and operations of Laurel Hall in an effort to continue positioning the property and space as a premiere event destination. The Associate Director of Events & Marketing is an integral member of the Laurel Hall staff, working in a flexible team-oriented environment. This position will report directly to the Director of Events & Facilities and will add to an already visionary, supportive and action-oriented team comprised of staff, Board and volunteers, to continue to offer Laurel Hall's clients the best possible experience as they leverage the magnificence of the property and facility for their event.
A part of Indiana's historical landscape since 1916, Laurel Hall was built as the home to one of Indiana's wealthiest families. Over time it has played host to an all-girls school, a high-end housing development and a non-partisan government think tank. Since being purchased by the Phi Psi Foundation in 2006 the manor has served as the headquarters for the Phi Kappa Psi Fraternity and the offices of the Foundation. With the combined history, beauty and character paired with modern conveniences the Foundation took the opportunity to open the building to rental to create a timeless backdrop for any special event. Sitting atop a hill on six acres, Laurel Hall is Indiana's best kept secret. The facility offers both indoor and outdoor areas for maximum flexibility when planning any company retreat, small meeting, holiday party, wedding or family reunion. Check out the facility at www.laurel-hall.org.
- Coordinates with the Director of Events & Facilities to develop and implement the annual marketing plan for the promotion and procurement of facility events.
- Oversees Laurel Hall's online presence (i.e. WeddingWire, Google, Yelp, etc.) including generating website updates and content.
- Develops, implements and manages Laurel Hall's social media strategy.
- Collaborates with the Director of Events & Facilities to drive corporate outreach.
- Conducts venue tours for prospective clients.
- Assists with overseeing facility maintenance and operational projects.
- Establishes and implements stewardship campaigns for former Laurel Hall clients.
- Maintains inventory of facility equipment.
- Manages event contracts including timely issuance as well as monitoring associated revenue collections and assisting with client invoicing.
- Serves as primary venue contact responding to booked-client questions and as venue liaison to vendors.
- Assists with on-site production and clean up for events.
- Remains current of local event rental market trends and participates in researching similar area facilities for competitively pricing, level of service, etc.
Reports to the Director of Events & Facilities. Works closely with all Foundation and Fraternity staff.
Has regular contact with the public, clients, vendors and event planning professionals.
- Strict attention to detail, precise, organized and able to manage/prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
- Positive, winning attitude. Energetic, driven and goal oriented.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to use social media for impressions and brand awareness.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Knowledge of social media platforms including GMB, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, etc.
- Collegial, collaborative style to promote a positive working environment, and spirit of cooperation.
- A positive reaction to change and ability to maintain a professional, polished demeanor.
- Creativity, curiosity, sense of humor, high energy level and enthusiasm.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Willingness and ability to travel, on occasion and only as necessary.
- Computer literacy and proficiency with the Microsoft Office software suite.
Click the APPLY button for application instructions through our website.