Associate Director of Communications - Phi Psi Foundation
- 10-Jan-2022 to 11-Feb-2022
- - Phi Kappa Psi Foundation
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Are you looking for an organization that adds value to your life as well as those it serves? Phi Kappa Psi is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic individual to serve as the organization's Associate Director of Communications.
The Associate Director of Communications is a full-time position that supports the Foundation's Chapter Development Services (CDS) business and leads the chapter-focused, project based, communications business while driving both performance and client relationships. In addition to this primary project management role, the Associate Director will assist with the design, proofing, and production of digital and print communication pieces. The Associate Director will also assist with the coordination of donor and volunteer events as needed. The role will contribute significantly to a rapidly growing consulting and communications deliverables business.
The Associate Director of Communications is an integral member of the Foundation staff, working in a flexible team-oriented environment. This position will report directly to the Senior Director of Development & Housing and requires collaboration across Fraternity and Foundation teams and excellent project management abilities along with graphic design skills. This individual will add to an already visionary, supportive and action-oriented team comprised of staff, Board and volunteers, to expand Phi Psi's reach with the goal to provide more educational assistance, a best-in-class undergraduate experience, and increased support for scholarship and leadership programs.
Founded in 1852 and headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, Phi Kappa Psi is a men's fraternal organization consisting of over 100 chapters and colonies throughout the United States. With the open motto "the great joy of serving others" Phi Kappa Psi looks to engage men of integrity, further developing their intellect and enhancing their community involvement. With a legacy built on acceptance and trust, each brother realizes his highest potential through a lifelong experience of service and excellence. The Phi Kappa Psi Foundation is a 501(c)(3) educational foundation whose mission is to support the Fraternity by promoting scholarship, developing character, improving educational facilities and supporting charitable causes.
- Oversees Chapter Development Communication Services business including serving as primary point of contact with client groups, developing communication strategies, proposals and plans, generating and editing content including tailored mailings and messages and maintaining a timely production schedule for each client.
- Ensures all communication/outreach materials adhere to brand and design guidelines/standards and are reflective of the broader organization and client in tone, content and design.
- Creates marketing and outreach assets across all channels, including brochures, reports, direct mail packages, ads, magazine pages, digital banner ads, social media posts and email templates.
- Assists with the coordination of meetings and events that advance donor involvement, cultivation and stewardship.
- Coordinates Chapter Development Services marketing for lead generation, new business procurement efforts and cross-selling to existing clients.
- Develops and negotiates communications contracts; integrates contract requirements within operations.
- Oversees and executes the communication deliverables that have been contracted with client chapters.
- Monitors competition by gathering marketplace information on pricing, offerings, etc.
- Supports the Chapter Development Services team and clients in executing on contracted services that extend beyond the specific communications deliverables.
- Maintains relationships with clients by providing support, information/updates, and guidance; monitors and stays abreast of changes in client organizations and then recommends appropriate improvements to increase overall service offerings to the client.
- Serves as lead administrative and operational contact for the Chapter Development Services business unit including managing routine reporting, tracking of volunteer activities and crafting meeting agendas.
- Manages Chapter Development Services physical event activities.
Reports to the Senior Director of Development & Housing. Works closely with Foundation and Fraternity staff
Has regular contact with the public, clients, vendors and event planning professionals. Will have the opportunity to interface with the Foundation's Board of Trustees and committees.
- Degree preferred.
- Strong project management and customer service skills.
- Excellent design skills and an eye for color, visual composition, and typography.
- Strong client-facing written and oral communications skills.
- Strict attention to detail, precise, organized and able to manage/prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience in a nonprofit or fundraising organization is a strong advantage.
- Positive, winning attitude. Energetic, driven and goal oriented.
- Ability to work independently to drive on-time results.
- Strong self-motivation with a committed focus to detail and information integrity.
- Commitment to maintain confidentiality and a high degree of accuracy in constituent records.
- An understanding and appreciation of the principles and traditions of the college fraternity and volunteer-driven organizations.
- Collegial, collaborative style to promote a positive working environment, and spirit of cooperation.
- A positive reaction to change and ability to maintain a professional, polished demeanor.
- Creativity, curiosity, sense of humor, high energy level and enthusiasm.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Willingness and ability to travel, on occasion and only as necessary.
- Computer literacy and proficiency with the Microsoft Office software suite.
On occasion the Associate Director may have the opportunity to travel within the United States to support client events or procure content for communications deliverables.
Click the APPLY button for application instructions through our website.