Database Administrator - Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Indiana
- 10-Jan-2022 to 01-Feb-2022
- - Ronald McDonald House of Indiana, Inc.
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision insurance (employee coverage); life insurance; 401k plan; and paid time off
PURPOSE OF ORGANIZATION
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Indiana is a local part of a global charity that keeps families together as they face the biggest challenges of their lives. We provide a home away from home for families with ill or injured children receiving care at Indianapolis-area hospitals. We are seeking an experienced individual to join
our team as a database administrator.
The Database Administrator provides support to the Development Department by managing all aspects of the Raiser's Edge donor database including processing of donations, maintaining reporting functions and generating donor acknowledgements.
- Manage Raiser's Edge donor database, including maintenance, user accounts, global changes, gift entry, reporting queries, and data clean-up projects with the goal of providing current, consistent, and accurate data.
- Develop and deliver reporting and tracking vehicles and instructions for reports, dashboards and data extracts.
- Create, update, and implement Standard Operating Procedures for entry and reporting and ensure all entries conform to these procedures.
- Responsible for generating, editing, and processing gift acknowledgements, tributes and pledge reminder letters and/or data files.
- Record gift-in-kind entries with accurate coding and ensure donors are properly acknowledged.
- Create and run queries, reports, mailings, and exports to support fundraising and outreach efforts.
- Collaborate with fundraising team to track and report on fundraising progress, donor trends and analytics as well as to ensure quality control.
- Provide charitable gift reporting, including but not limited to batch reports, monthly development reports, monthly stewardship reports, monthly solicitor activity reports, comparative reports and other reports as requested.
- Provide general administrative support for the department as needed.
- Perform other duties incidental to the work outlined in this position description.
- Contribute to RMHCCIN team efforts by supporting other departments as necessary with their data collection and reporting.
PREFERRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- COVID-19 Vaccinated (Must be able to provide proof of vaccination)
- BA/BS degree in related field.
- Experience in Raiser's Edge preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Working knowledge of database systems.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills; ability to take initiative, manage multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize effectively.
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
- Excellent verbal and written skills, resourcefulness, adaptability, organization, and time management skills
- Ability to navigate donor database to effectively enter data and generate reports
- Ability to maintain appropriate professional boundaries with families, staff, and volunteers
- Primarily indoor office but will require outdoor work or activities, including special events in various venues.
- Occasionally transport items that weigh up to 15 pounds
100% paid medical, dental, and vision insurance (employee coverage); life insurance; 401k plan; and paid time off
BE PREPARED - You will be asked to provide short responses to the following questions as you apply. Most candidates find it helpful to draft their responses in advance and then copy and paste.
- Share a time when you noticed room for improvement in your work's process and what steps did you take to implement change?
- What are the three most important things to you in a work environment?
- How do you perceive the role of Database Administrator fitting into the development team?
Click the APPLY button to submit resume and cover letter by February 1, 2021
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Indiana is an equal opportunity employer and at will employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, RMHC Central Indiana takes affirmation action to ensure that employees are treated equitably and fair during employment without regard to any of these characteristics.