Marketing Projects Coordinator - The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis
- 10-Jan-2022 to 11-Feb-2022
- - Children’s Museum of Indianapolis
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The Marketing Projects Coordinator provides both strategic and tactical marketing support for various internal clients for The Children's Museum of Indianapolis, Inc. The coordinator is responsible for developing and executing client-based marketing communications plans and solutions that help drive visitation and revenue. The incumbent serves as the marketing consultant to internal departments, while ensuring the timely and orderly flow of all marketing projects through the Marketing Creative development processes. The incumbent engages in the project planning and leads coordination of deliverables including: print materials, museum signage, video, photography, and direct marketing projects.
The Children's Museum is fiercely devoted to our Diversity, Equity, Accessibility, and Inclusion (DEAI) efforts. Together we are building and sustaining an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates differences.
- Meets regularly with internal clients to understand marketing needs so as to develop marketing and promotional plans that support client goals of generating new and repeat paid visitation and revenue.
- Works closely with management to analyze data and use it to inform client recommendations for increasing visitation, and/or revenue.
- Serves as a liaison between internal clients and the Marketing Communications and Marketing Creative teams, providing the best possible marketing solutions and gathering all pertinent information to move projects through to production.
- Initiates creative brief sessions with internal clients and creative design team, as needed.
- Works closely with Graphics Production Manager to understand production processes and facilitate the flow of projects to an on-time, within budget delivery. Works with Production Manager to recommend print and creative solutions that meet client marketing objectives and communicates schedules and budgets to internal clients.
- Coordinates video and photo needs for clients, communicating client expectations and timelines to video/photo resource team.
- Works with marketing management and creative team to ensure brand consistency in writing style and design for all projects representing the museum and exhibit campaigns. Also, ensures the museum and respective clients are appropriately represented through collateral materials and museum signage.
- Participates in weekly video production and marketing campaign meetings, keeping marketing staff apprised of needs and deliverables. Updates marketing staff on appropriate information regarding clients' projects and events.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, Journalism, communications, business management or related field preferred.
- Three (3) years of experience in marketing project management or a related field. Experience in client services at a marketing or advertising firm preferred.
- Print collateral development and print production required; video project experience preferred.
- Sound knowledge of branding, marketing and publication terminology and processes.
- Strong attention to detail, writing and editing skills.
- Demands the ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, diverse, and demanding environment.
- Highly motivated individual with strong organizational skills who will take ownership of their projects.
- Excellent social skills and the ability to interact with people from a wide diversity of backgrounds and cultures.
- Demands a level of maturity and the experience to recognize and respond appropriately to confidential information.
- Must possess working knowledge of Windows applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. An understanding of the Internet and e-mail systems.
- Must be willing to become a subject matter expert on the department's project management software (RoboHead) and be willing and able to train others on its use.
- Must be able to read and edit marketing copy, and other related documents.
- Must be able to communicate extensively and effectively with vendors, staff, and visitors, via telephone/TDD, one-on-one conversations, public presentations and written correspondence.
- Requires extensive use of keyboards, calculators, and other administrative equipment. Must be able to process and maintain large volumes of paperwork.
- Must be able to sit or stand for extensive periods of time, negotiate local and national travel, lift up to 30 lbs., and tolerate lengthy event schedules.
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.